Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH and I finally got to go shooting today. We bought the ammo at the range, limited to one box per person. However, they'd just got some in, so we were allowed to go in and buy more one box at a time as long as we shot it there.

OH BOY! Did I have a blast shooting the new gun! It kicks quite a bit, but I was able to control it. Smooth sailing, and no jams! I even managed to hit a few bullseyes!! Considering I'm as amateur as they come, I was tickled pink at how well the new gun handled. Yippe-Kai-Yay!

We promptly cleaned our guns when we go home and so I got to participate in the care of my gun as well. I want to know it all!

·
Administrator
35,569 Posts
Outstanding ! What kind of gun were you shooting? I went to the range yesterday too and had a great time.

EDIT - never mind, I saw your profile and you have a 24/7 Pro G2. I'm starting to hear pretty good things about them, glad you had a good experience. :)

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Welcome to TA & the folks that will always be here to keep you going no matter how bad a day at the range you might have (a case of the CRT's -can't hit the dang target) as well as we'll always be here to pat you on the back when you've hit the 10!! Congratulations on you new firearm and your new hobby! The couples that shoot together always have someone to bum ammo from!!:)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Outstanding ! What kind of gun were you shooting? I went to the range yesterday too and had a great time.

EDIT - never mind, I saw your profile and you have a 24/7 Pro G2. I'm starting to hear pretty good things about them, glad you had a good experience. :)
Actually-you just helped me realize I need to fix my profile....I actually have a millennium PT111 G2...A guy other than the salesman kept calling it a 24/7 and apparently that's what stuck with me. Lol. I love it!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone-I haven't been on in a while-have had too much going on...hoping to be back on the path of normalcy. Sheesh-took long enough to get to the range, but we finally made it.

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
Congrats on the good day at the range! Glad to hear the new pistol performed well!

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Congrats!

Reactions: dfa24.7

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Glad to hear. Any day at the range is a good day, usually

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Ok. I admit it, I am beaming with pride. I took my 18-year old daughter on her first trip to Camp Considine (That's what we call my buddy's place) for her initial firearms instruction and use. We started with my 22LR, then the mini-14, Rem 1100, and finished the day with my Mosin Nagant. In between, we fired the 380, then PT92 and finished with the PT100. BTW - Weighted GPA of 4.10, attends weekly mass, and just got accepted to FSU. Like I said, I am a proud father. I was going to attach video but TA won't do it this AM.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Congrats on the new PT111, I went to the range yesterday too, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn! But the guy that works there said he thought I got the job done, so made me feel a little better. :) Congrats on your bullseyes!

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Sounds like you had a great day. Any day at the range with hubby and ammo for your gun is great. Enjoy your new gun..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts