Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago I had purchased some ammo from GTG ammo online. To make a long story short...it was not very good...several FTF and just shoddy QA on the order I received. I e-mailed the company...asked for nothing and just wanted to inform them they may have had a bad lot . Got a nasty e mail back calling me things ....20 years in the navy and the meanest master chief alive never called me. ...anyhow I somehow saw an ad for GTG ammo on FB or an E-mail and made the comment about the last and only time i ordered...this is what I got back

Good To Go Ammo, Inc.

Mr. Rxxxxx, I would like to let you know that the company you dealt with, was sold last year to my father and I. I cannot apologize for the previous owners, however I can say that if that happened you under my watch, I’d do whatever was necessary to make the situation right. I hope that you would give us the opportunity to serve you.
Marcus and Monte Caylor

Owners
Good To Go Ammo, Inc.

***THIS is a reply that is obviously from a company that knows how to treat customers and wants to excel in customer service.!!! Even though I am pretty well stocked with ammo, I am going to order from them just to show that I appreciate their concern and professionalism.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Giving them another chance would be in order, but they would need to prove themselves before placing a big order. The past problem may still be employed there.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Giving them another chance would be in order, but they would need to prove themselves before placing a big order. The past problem may still be employed there.
I spoke to one of the new owners (Marcus Claylor) on the phone...apparently the company has reviewed the entire procedure and production process since buying it. He acknowledged there were a few problems with the company and personnel but overall had a very stable foundation. I will say my problem with the order was not the normal that I heard or saw with many of the reviews for GTG ammo. Overall satisfaction was much more positive than the negative comments like the one shipment I received. In our conversation, Mr Claylor stated that new products were in development, and it seems his vision is to expand the company to be competitive with the larger, name brand ammo manufactures.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
When it comes to ammo there are no second chances but it's your money and your time. I wish you luck.....:)

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When it comes to ammo there are no second chances but it's your money and your time. I wish you luck.....:)
My first response to your post was removed and I was given a warning...it was considered rude. I guess it very well could be taken as that, but I have been shooting for over 60 years with every and all ammo manufactured and I can not think of, and there is not one brand I have not had at least one failure. Now to be clear...the GTG ammo used was FMJ 115 gr 9mm range ammo in other words.....not my carry SD ammo of HST 147 gr, or Critical Defense 124 gr. I do rotate my carry ammo and shoot it at the range when I do replace it. I have had and seen a few other shooters have a failure with a round or two of those at the range.....I assure you I would not load my weapon with ammo that I have had repeated failures with, to use for Self Defense.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Their prices are not terribly encouraging (at least not directly from their website...)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts