Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where to source a firing pin for either the GSG Firefly or the Sig Mosquito? The American Tactical website is full of broken links, and none of the usual's, like Brownell's, seem to have any. Not even "out of stock" firing pins for this particular 22LR.

I may have to get a gunsmith to make one for me so does anyone know a ballpark cost for that service? Any recommended gunsmiths in the Jacksonville, FL area?

·
Registered
28,087 Posts
Have you checked with GSG's factory service policy?
Assuming you are in the U.S., the importer would be American Tactical. They offer a limited lifetime warranty, so it might very well be the most economical way to handle the problem.

EDIT: That might not be as easy as I thought... there are website issues, and I don't know if they are still importing or servicing GSG.

EDIT: It looks like they are in legal trouble over the importation of Chinese AK magazines and fraudulent paperwork. Sooo... they may not be doing any business. Anybody have further information?
GSG may have to look for a new importer. In the meantime, you may be looking around for a paddle to get downstream again.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. After ATI, Taylor Tactical came up second on my search. Unfortunately, Taylor does not list the firing pin as one of their parts offered. Looks like my options are; 1. put the Firefly into the safe and let it collect dust, 2. find a gunsmith to fabricate a firing pin, or 3. toss the Firefly into the St. Johns river.

·
Registered
28,087 Posts
Well, the TX-22 is a cool little 22... :whistle:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, the TX-22 is a cool little 22... :whistle:
Yep. I'm considering the TX22 but also interested in the Berretta 9A1 22. Truthfully, I wish Taurus offered a 22LR conversion kit for the PT99/99. I've heard about a company in the Daytona Beach area that offers the Taurus kits but the number of complaints on the company has scared me away from that option.

·
Registered
28,087 Posts
I like .22 revolvers... they're just flat-out fun to shoot.
In .22 semi-autos, take a look at the S&W SW22 Victory Target.

·
23,197 Posts
the number of complaints on the company has scared me away from that option.
... which quite frankly is why I've never bought a GSG Mosquito... I have not heard good things about them. But if it's worked well for you apart from the pin, getting a pin made is very likely worth it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I wouldn't think a firing pin would be that difficult or expensive to make.
I would pay shipping before you throw it in the river:):)

·
Registered
958 Posts
Anyone know where to source a firing pin for either the GSG Firefly or the Sig Mosquito? The American Tactical website is full of broken links, and none of the usual's, like Brownell's, seem to have any. Not even "out of stock" firing pins for this particular 22LR.

I may have to get a gunsmith to make one for me so does anyone know a ballpark cost for that service? Any recommended gunsmiths in the Jacksonville, FL area?
I just saw a GSG firefly under the name "blue line global". Maybe try to contact them?

·
Registered
455 Posts

I ran through at least 15 pages of websites and "out of stock" was all I saw then, and I found this site...no mention of stock just this parts kit which has the firing pin...who knows ?

Lockhart Tactical | Military and Police Discounts up to 60% OFF - GSG 1911 Spare Parts Kit

1 - 16 of 16 Posts