Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not for nothing, but the allure of the GSG5 22lr was that you could have the lokk if you couldn't afford a GSG5. I can afford a nice AK47/AKM/74 for that price. If I want the sort of look of an AK in a .22lr package, I ould get an Armscor for <$200-- it looks cheap, but worth the savings...

I do admit that this version looks nice as heck though!

·
Registered
959 Posts
The GSG AK .22LR looks real nice, and Amber & Kids like shooting the Ruger 10/22 Navy Seal MP5-SD BullPup.. So I think they would love to have one of these GSG AK's... The Gal's just don't dig Big Recoil... AND Amber and Me both got our $600.00 LOAN from the Chinese Government in the Mail today... So now all I have to do is figure out how I'm going to get her to Order a GSG AK with her Chinese Stimulus Money...!!!...<:))

Well, we were out to the Ocala National Forest Rifle Range yesterday, and had a lot of Fun shooting... Amber is deadly shooting the Ruger 10/22 Navy Seal MP5-SD BullPup...<:))

·
Registered
197 Posts
paulrabe78 said:
Cool gun but for that money I would buy an AR15 kit.
Big +1. I own the GSG5 mp5 version and I like it a lot. but every time I shoot it I think to myself "damn, was this really worth the *700 bucks I invested into it??" afterall it is just a 22. I think your $$ can be better spent on something else. Plus I hate impact and wont ever give them any of my business!

*700'ish with the folding stock, fakepoint, mount, extra mags and price of the gun..

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Unless you have money to burn, none of the GSG's are worth the money.

·
Registered
959 Posts
~Remember the "LAW OF GUN BUYING"~
Buy the Gun you want, and you will Love that Gun... "NOT" the Gun that just has the best Price...!!! You will get over the Love of that Price, and the HoneyMoon will be OVER...!!! Then you will KICK yourself for not Buying the "Gun You Felt The Love For"... "REMEMBER" It's the cost of AMMO that costs more over time...!!!
~
~German Engineering CRAP in the GSG5 MP5~ Will the Gunner that said that, please Post some Links to this CRAPPY INFO...
~
~AR's vs .22LR's when Poking Holes In Paper Targets~
Oh,... You Burn a Brick of 223's at the Range, and I will Burn a Brick of .22LR's... And I will Laugh at you all the way to the BANK...<:)) I will Shoot More, and have more FUN, because I will not be feeling your AMMO PAIN...!!!
~
Example of .223 vs .22LR

Federal 22LR 36gr HP #745 525rd Value Pack $22.50

NOTE: GeeLeDouche,... Go to the Range and Shoot a couple of BRICKS of .22LR's... NOW... give Me a BIG Smile as you Pocket $200.00 over Shooting an AR at Paper Targets...!!!...<:)) Remember Over Time that GSG5 MP5 is going to be FREE compared to Shooting a AR...!!! So quit your Moping Around about Buying one of the Hottest Guns out there... Only 13,000 will be imported this Year... That's the Total allotment to the USA this year...!!!

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
BigBadBull said:
What makes you say that?
If you like it, get it. They are finely produced guns. As others have stated, I'll just get a .22 LR upper for my AR-15 for half the price. I don't need an AK/SKS that only fires .22 LR.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Looked at the GSG but as others have mentioned $400 plus for a 22lr plinker seems a bit much. Yea, the looks are great. I'm kkeping my eyes open for the Kel-Tec SU22 that should be out sometime soon. More mag capacity, 27 vs 22 and, based on what I've seen for advanced prices, a purchase price in the $300 range. Still not cheap but as NPPD and SgtKnuckles have pointed out so well, If you like it, buy it. Price though important, shouldn't be the only reason to purchase a weapon. Based on that notion we would all be members of the hipointarmed forum!

·
Registered
959 Posts
~AK-47 Krinkov 10/22~
This KIT will make Peoples EYES POP OUT at the Range if you make this MOD to your 10/22...

~Don't forget to get a couple of these~Best 10/22 Mag on the Planet~
TI25 MACHINED ALUMINUM STEEL LIP
MAGAZINE FOR RUGER 10/22
http://www.tacticalinc.com/ti25-machined-a...1a3e5ceef402a0c

Turn your 10/22® into an AK-47 Krinkov with The Krinker Plinker
~BuyHere~AK Krinker Plinker
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.a...mp;kwtid=209126

~See More Detailed Pics Here~
http://krinkerplinker.com/2006/index.html

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
i would'nt pay 530 for the ak in .22lr.. less maybe the girl comes with it.

the gsg5 though is intersting.. you can't get ahold of even the semi auto versions of the mp5 (hk94) without looking under some rocks and having a stack of money.

and a full auto mp5? ya forget about it i'd never have 13-20k to buy a gun could have a really nice sized collection for the cost of that one gun.

but i think 500 is a bit much for the gsg5.. i think 400 is tops for it.. 200-300 sounds like a good pirce range to me. i'd probably already have one for that price.. mags are hard to find and kinda expensive.. no way in hell i'd even want the gun unless i SBR'ed it, so thats another 200 + cost of having it done.

uh anyway where was i going with this? oh ya the ak, for 500 you can get a decent ak.

·
Registered
959 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
There used to be 15rd mags for the M1600...??? Only find 10rd Factory Mags for $30.00 each...

There is 25rd Mags available for the AK .22 Model...

·
Registered
959 Posts
~Their Both NICE~

1 - 20 of 22 Posts