Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this from Buds. Been looking for a .22 1911 for a while now and all of the reviews have been good on this one. Little bit of a bugger to disassemble but I found a video that explained it better than the manual. Cleaned it up and ready to go to the range tomorrow to see how it handles. I will report back and let everyone know it turns out.

Attachments

·
Registered
351 Posts
If yours works as good as mine does, you will love it. Mine is actually marked Sig-Sauer 1911-22 but in reality it's made by GSG and the magazine is marked GSG rather than Sig-Sauer. The only difference appears to be the markings and the importer's address. Apparently GSG made some for Sig to import under their own logo and the other ones were imported by ATI.

The weight & balance of either one is very close to that of a .45 caliber 1911 and the magazines are made heavy enough to mimic a loaded .45 magazine. I can get better than 2" groups at 25 yards with Federal bulk pack "match grade" ammo from Walmart and in about 700 rounds down range, no malfunctions so far.

I like the threaded barrel too. Easy to put a suppressor on it if the ATF ever takes them off the NFA list. Don't think I want to go through all the hassle to own one with all the present red-tape but for those that are willing to jump through all the hoops, they are quiet enough to make it very pleasant to shoot even with out hearing protection.

You might have to change the front sight to set your point of impact, but they give you all the right allen wrenches to do it. Don't crank the set screws down too tight though or you'll strip the threads out of the plastic sights.

Someone told me that Novak sights will fit it, but I haven't tried them so you're on your own there.

Sig1911_22_1.jpg

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congratulations on your new 1911 .22!

It looks nice alongside your PT1911AL.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok sorry everyone I have been very busy. I just got back from the range and still smiling. I shot 7 different types and brands of .22 for a total of 400 rounds. All 400 rounds fired in under an hour with one mag. First up was Rem bulk 36gr. hp no issues whatsoever I also finished up with another 50 of these. This is my go to ammo at this point. All the ammo that follows were 50 round boxes. Next up was Federal 40gr. rn, 4 fte, 1 ftf, 3 ftl from the same mag and 1 stove pipe. Next up is the Win. Wildcat 40gr. rn, 8 fte, and 2 ftl. Next CCI 32gr. hp no issues with this one either also seems to have more powder as the muzzle flash was very large. Next was Win. 37gr. hp i had 4 ftl with this one. Rem Thunderbolt 40gr. rn had no issues with it either. Lastly I found some Rem Subsonic 38gr. hp 1 ftl and 1 slide lock with ammo still in the mag. All in all a great time and very fun to shoot. Next time I go I will have 2 more mags with me and I still have 425 Rem bulk to go thru. Anyone interested in this gun my recommendation is 2 thumbs up.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got to shoot another 310 rounds thru the GSG yesterday. I got some good groups up close but out to 25 yards it opens up pretty big. I really need to try to adjust the sights. Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I want to get one of those

1 - 9 of 9 Posts