Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the mags on my PT145 is causing nose dives and I can no longer trust this pistol as a backup.

I have read this thread: http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/m...e-last-pt145-mag-topic-we-will-ever-need.html , and called Taurus, and discovered they still don't sell magazine springs as a separate item.

What are people doing, besides paying $20 for new magazines, that may or may not work?

Do I order the Wolff ParaOrdinance springs? And if I do, do I order the regular or the power mag springs?

Do I need a Para follower and base plate, too, or will the Taurus OEM parts work with the new springs?

(Oh, and I'm glad to see that the forum is still thriving in spite of my long absence.)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Actually, what I did for extra mags for my PT145 was order the 24/7 mags for the compact (so you need the little spacer) and get an extra 2 rounds per mag.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Does Wolff not make springs for your PT145? I have never heard of the Para-Ord conversion, but if it works, then good deal -- especially as you would be using Wolff.......

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I solved my problem by purchasing....

An XDm 3.8 in .45.

The PT145 was my last Taurus pistol.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335035681.498088.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using that app which shall not be named.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Good to see you around brother...

You got a good one with that XDm subcompact.......I'm actually waiting for the XDS to be released.....yes, it will be mine. :)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to see you around brother...

You got a good one with that XDm subcompact.......I'm actually waiting for the XDS to be released.....yes, it will be mine. :)
Thank you sir. Just ordered a vest holster for it when I got home this morning. Now, I have to find an off-duty rig for it. This is where being left-handed sucks.

I hope you enjoy the XDS. They remind me of the PT745...

·
Registered
537 Posts
One of the mags on my PT145 is causing nose dives and I can no longer trust this pistol as a backup.

I have read this thread: http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/m...e-last-pt145-mag-topic-we-will-ever-need.html , and called Taurus, and discovered they still don't sell magazine springs as a separate item.

What are people doing, besides paying $20 for new magazines, that may or may not work?

Do I order the Wolff ParaOrdinance springs? And if I do, do I order the regular or the power mag springs?

Do I need a Para follower and base plate, too, or will the Taurus OEM parts work with the new springs?

(Oh, and I'm glad to see that the forum is still thriving in spite of my long absence.)
If it were me I would not carry that mag. If the pistol is 100% without it, use the ones that work.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I solved my problem by purchasing....

An XDm 3.8 in .45.

The PT145 was my last Taurus pistol.

View attachment 26301

Sent from my iPhone using that app which shall not be named.
So we trash a 100% pistol because it had a bad mag? I think a new mag would cost a lot less than a XDm 3.8 in .45.

·
Registered
89 Posts
When I called Taurus and told them I was having trouble with my mags, they just sent me new ones at no cost. No problems since.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So we trash a 100% pistol because it had a bad mag? I think a new mag would cost a lot less than a XDm 3.8 in .45.
In the thread I read, replacement magazines have been hit-n-miss from Taurus. I considered it, but ultimately, I've decided that the chance of sudden magazine failure to feed is NOT worth my life. This was my back-up gun.

$600 for a new pistol isn't too much to pay for insuring my life.

·
Registered
537 Posts

As you say one of the mags. is causing nose dives. So you still have mags. that work like they should so why not use them?

"The PT145 was my last Taurus pistol."

Why are we so fast to trash a pistol that has served you well for the past 6 years because of one bad mag? probably just a weak spring.
Oh and check out some of the Xd forums you will see they also have there problems without a lifetime warranty to fix them.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

As you say one of the mags. is causing nose dives. So you still have mags. that work like they should so why not use them?

"The PT145 was my last Taurus pistol."

Why are we so fast to trash a pistol that has served you well for the past 6 years because of one bad mag? probably just a weak spring.
Oh and check out some of the Xd forums you will see they also have there problems without a lifetime warranty to fix them.
It's my last, in that I don't currrently own any others. I've owned four. The PT145 was my favorite.

I'm not trashing Taurus. I'm not even trashing my PT145. I'm just unable to trust it anymore to be 100%.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Perhaps he was just looking for the perfect excuse to justify buying the XD? ;) (wink, wink)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts