Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 60 years old and grew up in Southwest Philadelphia. That part of the city bordered green spaces so I didn't just grow up on pavements. We had pellet guns and pellet rifles but not firearms. We went fishing as there was a wildlife refuge near us. Looking back I had a great childhood but we were still all city kids. We had the best of two worlds. Now I live 6 miles from where I grew up. I just got into firearms in the last years. While I don't agree with everything the NRA says or does I am a strong believer in the Constitution.

·
9,091 Posts
Welcome aboard , we have a great group of folks here.

·
Administrator
40,567 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :hand26:

I don't agree with everything the NRA says or does either, but I still believe it's a great organization to be a member of.:thumb:

·
Super Moderator
35,534 Posts
Welcome from rural Texas. I grew up somewhat similar, but more rural. I hunted squirrels in the woods around the house, but we had chemical plants and towns nearby. It was industrial. From the age of 6 I was a hunter and I joined the NRA about age 14 and got my libertarian views, I think, from reading the "American Rifleman". We were 60 miles from a big city, south Houston. Now, my wife and I moved 100 miles from west Houston and, though I love the woods and the hunting out here and it's pretty close to my old coastal haunts for fishing and we have the river for catfish, I still kinda wish we'd gotten out further away from anything urban. BUT, I still like it here. :D

·
Registered
19,780 Posts
:smile: Hi and welcome aboard from nw PA! :hello:

·
Registered
24,940 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Super Moderator
38,000 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois! I had a similar childhood...in town with 100's of acres of woods, farm fields and gravel pits to roam in. Also an NRA supporter...they may make compromises, but they are still the best and loudest voice that we have.

Reactions: Trotline

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Welcome to a fellow Philly dweller. I am 65 and grew up in North East Philly. No grass there whatsoever lol. Now I'm in Virginia surrounded by grass and trees so I'm making up for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Welcome to TA from PA (Pure Appalachia), about a hundred miles west of you in the great Cumberland Valley. I hope you enjoy TA as much as I do - it is a place filled with an incredible number of talented people who enlighten and enliven my computer time enormously.

Flash

·
Registered
829 Posts
Welcome aboard! You will get plenty of brotherly love on this site so bring along some cheese steak and enjoy the company.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Landmark Historic site Building Archaeological site Tree

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
Welcome from Florida

1 - 20 of 35 Posts