Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my first post :)

I have a 44 mag. Tracker I picked up at a local gun shop a while back, I really like the gun--it's fairly light, nice to carry on a hip holster, shoots nice, &is accurate. I'd like to put a nice pair of grips on it, all I've found are monogrips by Hogue (wich are nice grips, I have them on two other revolvers of mine) but I'd like to get something different for the Tracker, maybe a nice set of light colored wood grain grips. Any suggestions, or sources?

Thanks a lot!
-Gberry

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
You can get a set of houge custom wood grips for the tracker but they are pricey. midwayusa.com has tons of grips for the tracker as well, and in different brands than houge.

·
Registered
275 Posts
There are quite a few wood grips on Auction sites, like GB.

I got these for $15.00 shipped, but that was a rare find. They fit my medium to large frame revolver which is a model 441.

TB C45

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
When I checked 3 months ago, Hogue did NOT make wood grips for the Tracker yet. That could have changed since then.

There are a couple of companies that make wood grips for the Tracker, but you have to look kinda hard.

Any reason you don't want the ribber grips? IMO, they are the most comfortable rubber grip you'll ever have on a gun......

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Might try a search in here..."grips for a Tracker"

I posted a while ago on this but I have a .357 Tracker..
I think S/W grips will work with a little modification..you need to know the frame size and type....

I checked all my online sites and still found nothing..

Ace has the best idea so far... :D

Good luck on your search... ;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Gberry, Welcome to our forum. Hope you get the stocks you want. I think the Tracker is a nice gun too congratulations, enjoy it. Frank

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ditto, I would never take the "Ribbers" of my 41mag Ti.
100 rounds of hot loads , still have a hand, and wrist still functions...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts