Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations for a set of grips for a m44ss 4". Want somethng that is larger especially around the bottom..Stock grips feel like I don't have the control around my little finger and ring finger...It has that to small feeling.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I assume your revolver is the .44 magnum six shot version.

Have found the Tracker frame series to work well with the Hogue grips, they sure fit well in the area you are talking about. My gun is a .45 Colt caliber.

Don't know the model number of the Hogue's to fit your frame, but it wouldn't be hard to find out.

TB C45

·
Registered
4 Posts
hamiltonrd said:
Looking for recommendations for a set of grips for a m44ss 4". Want somethng that is larger especially around the bottom..Stock grips feel like I don't have the control around my little finger and ring finger...It has that to small feeling.
Good grief Charlie Brown, you must have some big hands. You don't need a gun, just punch 'em out! I am actually in the boat going the other way. I have a Tracker M44c (5-shot 44magnum) with factory grips that are too big for my wife, so I am trying to find some smaller after-market rubber grips.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tracker Backer C45 said:
I assume your revolver is the .44 magnum six shot version.

Have found the Tracker frame series to work well with the Hogue grips, they sure fit well in the area you are talking about. My gun is a .45 Colt caliber.

Don't know the model number of the Hogue's to fit your frame, but it wouldn't be hard to find out.

TB C45

that grip is rounded at the bottom rear area, won't work with the squared butt of the 44ss4. I'm also looking for the right Hogue grip. The one I bought from their website (Hogue) is one they recommended for medium frame Taurus revolvers with square butt doesn't quite fit. Trying to install per instructions and can't get the screw to reach the stirrup. If I modify the installation a bit, and start the screw before getting the grip all the way in to position, I can get the screw started at least, but then the strap is too far forward in the grip, and the grip sticks out a bit in the back and just doesn't seat well.

Anyone find something that fits for a model 44ss4 (i.e. 44mag stainless with 4in barrel, NOT a tracker model)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts