Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

In case you didn't read in the introduction area, like anyone really reads those ;) , I will be picking up a new M44 (did the subject line sorta hint @ that? :eek: ) and I was curious... are they considered round or square butt? Half the fun of revovlers and 1911s are dressing them up in custom grips, so I finger I should get my shopping started... soon as I am told, or guess, about the M44 being round or square butt.

Another newbe question, how interchangeable are the sights? I was thinking about putting on a set of the S&W replacement night sight from Mepro Light if they will fit. What say you all?

Thank you in advance for a reply!

Derek

·
Registered
59 Posts
Don't know about the grips but have been looking at a M44 myself,post on how you like it. What lenght barrel are you getting? I thought that I might like the 4inch barrel.Anyone else have any info?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also know nothing about what grips are available for the M44 and I would like to know since I asked the same questions a year ago with no luck?

But as for the M44, I like mine the trigger is really good for a big Taurus and the gun if very accurate, I reload and have put about 600 rounds thru the gun and glad I bought it since all my other revolvers are S&W.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Took a look at some of the main grip manufacturers.

Stuck out at Pachmayr.

Struck gold at Hogue. Looks like they have both rubber and fancy wood grips for both round butt and square butt guns. And they do list the M44 specifically. As well as some medium, small and tracker framed guns. I'd suggest calling so you are sure that the grip you order will fit your gun.

http://www.hogueinc.com/getgrip/merchant.ihtml?id=26&step=2

If that link doesn't work, just run a search for GETGRIP.com it's Hogue's front door so to speak.

Steelheart

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Reactions: hadrianviceroy
1 - 5 of 5 Posts