Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just want to post a quick opinion question.( I know,opinions are like...) Anyway,I just purchased a model 66 with a 6" barrel and really think I want to go to wooden grips, checkered. Any good places to go to buy some??

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wow, dead silence.... Anybody ever make there own? I finally got my gun and the grips feel nice,BUT i still think I would like wood grips

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
wow, dead silence.... Anybody ever make there own? I finally got my gun and the grips feel nice,BUT i still think I would like wood grips
I love my M66, but I don't think I'd want to shoot it on a regular basis with wood grips due to the bite of the magnum recoil.

However, I'll bet some exquisitely crafted walnut or cherry wood grips would really dress the gun up rather nicely.

·
Super Moderator
40,653 Posts
I also want wood grips for my Model 66, I found a couple sets of Taurus wood grips, they are close but do not quite fit :( I think they are for the older Model 66, I am not sure. I have not went looking any where else as of yet. If I find some I will let you know.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Look on Ebay search Taurus grips you should come up with a bunch not sure if they have them for the 66 there about $50

·
Registered
5,072 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in a similar boat. I have a model 66 that was made in 1988. It has the numeric serial number. I've been looking for a set of rubber grips for it anywhere, and everywhere with no luck. Too bad, cause it's a nice revolver, but the factory grips are like holding a 2x4 block of wood. Think I'm gonna give up my search, and put it away for now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in a similar boat. I have a model 66 that was made in 1988. It has the numeric serial number. I've been looking for a set of rubber grips for it anywhere, and everywhere with no luck. Too bad, cause it's a nice revolver, but the factory grips are like holding a 2x4 block of wood. Think I'm gonna give up my search, and put it away for now.
I also have a 66, 1987. I found the Hogue grips for the S&W K frame work well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts