Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been able to hold one of these...I have medium sized hands and mil-spec 1911 grips feel okay to me, but I don't know if I would want anything bigger. I have held a PT145, and it seemed to fit really well.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
The PT92/99 and others will feel exactly like the Beretta 92 series. It is about the size of the 1911, but is fully and rounder. I like the feel and my wife who is barely 5' nothing and has tiny hands loves to shoot both my PT92's. One of which has big fat rubber grips on it.

The PT92/99 has the same grip basically as the Military M9 pistol, which is used by both men and women, all of which have a wide variety of hand sizes. It should fit you nicely.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well...not necessarily, Draeger. I have very small hands and my PT92 is - literally - a handful for me. I put Pachmayr grips on it this spring and the extra rubber of the frontstrap and backstrap made it too big. I took the backstrap off and it's barely manageable. I should just take them off and put the factory black plastic back on. Hard to believe, but that little bit makes a big dfference. In fact, I'm probably going to trade it in. Having now shot other semiautos, I now know what good gun fit is. I can grip a .45 1911 better than my PT92.

Preacher Man

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I guess its a personal preference thing then, because my wifes tiny little (elf like hands) likes the big old fat grips.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts