Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking hard at a 445 or a 405...even though Im a fan of the ribber grips , I'm wanting smaller narrower grips ..for concealment purposes ,....any options ?????

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
What about the Taurus boot grips like on the 85? Or they also have the same style with 3 finger grooves, I think they call it a combat grip. The small 85 grips conceal really well, and people say the combat ones aren't that much bigger.

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
What about the Taurus boot grips like on the 85? Or they also have the same style with 3 finger grooves, I think they call it a combat grip. The small 85 grips conceal really well, and people say the combat ones aren't that much bigger.[/QUOE]Taurus® Mdl 85 is a small frame, the 405 is a compact frame. The grips are not interchangeable.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well while we have a grip post,i'll wade in ,i'm getting a 237 mag anyday and i'd like to put the Pachmayr compct grips on it ,the taurus grips look aweful short. Looking at the Pachmayr site the only thing shown in for the 85 -38spl and they have a cross screw mtg not the bottom screw , a call to Pachmayr didn't help she said if it not listed it won't fit.I was under the impression the 85 and 327 frames and grips were the same. the Houge grips mt with one bottom screw but the grips are thinner, i have the Pachmayr compacts on an old mod 10 38 and luv 'em. am i stuck with the Houge in after market rubber??~~RR~~

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I have a 445 and have not yet found an aftermarket option for it. I would love to slap some wood grips on her, but none seem to be made. It seems like Hogue would offer a Monogrip for it since they seem made for them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 450, which is the same frame size, so are the Tracker and Judge lines. Anything that fits a standard Judge will fit your gun. Based on the huge base of Judge owners, that's the best way to search for grips. I shaved my ribber grip down to the point where the grip screw sticks out of the bottom partially. The frame is quite large and the grip screw goes in the bottom, so it can only get so compact... Although I do love how it shoots now. No, there are no options on the market like this, although there definitely definitely definitely should be.

TauGrp1.jpg

TauGrp3.jpg

TauGrp2.jpg

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
Here's the factory "combat grip" that came on my 405, i traded it to another member already for a ribber grip. The original one was too small in my hand and made shooting it painful because i couldn't get a good grip. Bought a Hogue 73000 and never had a chance to even try shooting it with the ribber.

Sent from my Z711 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Well while we have a grip post,i'll wade in ,i'm getting a 237 mag anyday and i'd like to put the Pachmayr compct grips on it ,the taurus grips look aweful short. Looking at the Pachmayr site the only thing shown in for the 85 -38spl and they have a cross screw mtg not the bottom screw , a call to Pachmayr didn't help she said if it not listed it won't fit.I was under the impression the 85 and 327 frames and grips were the same. the Houge grips mt with one bottom screw but the grips are thinner, i have the Pachmayr compacts on an old mod 10 38 and luv 'em. am i stuck with the Houge in after market rubber??~~RR~~
Any small frame grip should fit the 327 fine. The small frames do not have a tapped hole in the bottom of the grip frame. The Hogue's work with a clip that fits on the frame that has a tapped hole in it. I put together the following info when I was trying different grips on my 605.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/taurus-revolvers/186785-taurus-small-frame-grip-comparison.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts