Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum and I'm not sure where to ask this. I'm having an issue with the trigger on my G3C. I've developed a blood blister on my index finger which is caused by the safety blade on the trigger. As you probably know, there are a couple of options for after-market triggers.

My concern is if, God forgive, I ever have to use the weapon for self defense. I can see a prosecutor doing their best to bury me with the jury by arguing that the alteration was made to facilitate faster multiple shots or anything except the true rational behind the change.

I realize that the legality of this is based on location but even if it is legal, you know that many prosecutors simply won't care. Thoughts? Thank you!

·
Registered
24,496 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota

Reactions: The_Italian

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida.

State of over 2 MILLION 21 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Administrator
39,354 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :hand26:

Reactions: The_Italian

·
Super Moderator
35,500 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois! This is the first time that I have heard of blisters forming from a pinching safety blade on a trigger. Regarding facing a lawyer in a lawsuit, they will use any and everything to spin the facts to support their allegations.

·
Registered
18,468 Posts
:smile: Hi and welcome aboard from nw PA! :hello: As for your legal concerns...:unsure:...I'd say if the prosecutor were fool enough to assert something that ridiculous, you'd have absolutely nothing to worry about. Odds are that at some point on their way to court, every one of those jurors had to cross a street. Based on the simple fact that they made it there alive, one must assume they're way too smart to fall for something as stupid as that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Many thanks fellas, really nice feedback! And of course, I'm very grateful for the warm welcome. Sorry I posted the question in the wrong thread.

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
Welcome to TA from Cherokee County, Georgia.

CherokeeCounty.jpg

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
First off: Welcome aboard, from Las Vegas!
Next: What is wrong with your G3? I have never heard of anyone getting a blood-blister from firing this, or any gun.

Whenever you change any feature of a gun, you open the doors for a possible claim by an over-eager prosecutor to claim it's unsafe, dangerous, and more deadly.
It might put a real crimp in your defense if you want to claim it was an accident. The prosecutor would just exclaim: "Well, YOU modified it!"

I don't modify my guns beyond a stainless steel recoil spring, and a TruGlo sight.
I don't put fancy paint jobs on it; have decals of the Punisher; or write "Death Before Dishonor" on it either.
Any of these things can be used by that same over-eager prosecutor.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I don't know where you're located, but your concerns seem overblown. I know a lot of lawyers, several prosecutors, and the ones who know anything about guns are pro self defense. Most lawyers wouldn't know one end of a pistol from the other. If you're that concerned, document the injury, take some pics and write some notes, and give them to your defense attorney if and when.

I'd also contact customer service, cause I doubt your pistol is functioning correctly if it's injuring you.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts