Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Just picked up my first Taurus last weekend at a gun show.

I normally carry a Sig P239 in .40 or a Ruger LCP (.380) and I was looking to pick up a 9mm to round out the collection. My father and brother recently picked up Glock 19s and I was fairly impressed with those, so I had a Glock in mind when I went looking.

I walked by a table that had a PT111 G2 and found out it had literally just come out a few weeks ago. I really liked the way it felt in my hand and the build quality seemed solid on it. After finding out they have a lifetime warranty, and seeing the $200+ lower price tag than the glock I was looking at, I decided to give it a chance.

To be totally honest, I had heard a few bad things about Taurus guns, but with this being the latest model I was banking on any previous issues being worked out.

Took it out to the range today for the first time and I am happy to report that this one is a keeper! Gave it a good cleaning/lube last night and after 200 rounds of mixed brands of ammo I can report zero issues of any kind.

The trigger is a tad bit longer than a glock, but easy enough to adjust to. By the time I reached the 3rd box, I was putting some pretty quick shots where I wanted them to go. Groupings were very close to dad's G19.

All in all I am happy with the purchase and I look forward to being a part of what looks like a very active community here on the forums!

PS: anyone know a good place to pick up a 3rd mag?

Now for the pics! (Hope this works, first time posting pictures with Tapatalk)

With its new siblings:
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Airsoft gun

Glad it comes with two mags:
Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Airsoft gun

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico, glad to have you.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Welcome from north Texas I too purchased the g2 9mm just yesterday waiting on ammo .....

·
Registered
701 Posts
Welcome from little ole New Hampshire, Congrats on that Good Looking G2

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome from Ohio, I just picked up a new PT111 G2 on Wednesday and can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can go shoot it. I hope mine shoots as good as yours did.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Hello from Central North Carolina and welcome to TaurusArmed.net. You are going to find some
friendly and knowledgeable people here. Congratulations on getting your first Taurus!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Hello from StL. MO!!!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome, Tizz!

As a huge fan of the generation one Millennium pistols, I am pleased to read your favorable report on your new G2 PT111 Millennium.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome! from central Texas. I picked mine up last week. Wasn't planing on another gun purchase. Happen to be at Academy the day the millenium Pt111 G2 arrived. Asked to look at it and wound up buying it. I too was that impressed. Taurus hit a home run with this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Welcom and I own one in dual tone....Love it satisfied with it straight out of the box....

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
:wave: hi tizz and welcome. good to have you here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wwlcome from another newbie, I am getting my PT145 within the next couple of weeks!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Greetings from Wisconsin and welcome!!! I have the PT111 Pro and really enjoy it. Congrats on the G2!!!

Sent from my A110 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
50 Posts
Greetings from Nebraska! I bought my new PT111 G2 a couple weeks ago, and love it so far! I THINK that mags from the previous Millenium Pro might fit, because mine are marked "PT111PROCAL.9mm". I'm still trying to figure out if the gun itself will fit into the older Millenium Pro holsters. Have fun with the new gun and welcome to the "family"!

·
Registered
215 Posts
welcome from West Virginia, I like my taures much more than glocks, hope you do to

·
Registered
29,971 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine"state. :icon_ lala:

State of "1 MILLION" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting.

·
Registered
588 Posts
i just picked one up at a guns show saturday..... i cant wait to go shoot it, to bad its 20 degrees and a foot of snow here in ohio

1 - 20 of 31 Posts