Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone -

Just found this site and think it's a 'keeper.' I bought a PT1911 in stainless on Friday and took it out to an indoor range yesterday to give her a whirl. Nice shooter, but I wish I had found this site earlier and read up on the proper sight picture for the Heine straight 8 sights it has.

I traded in a first gen PT111 that I found serviceable, but never fell in love with. Didn't like the trigger pull and being a southpaw, I prefer to have a safety on my side of the weapon, too. The PT1911 has all I want. It'll take some practice to get fully comfortable with it and it's a brick to carry concealed compared to the PT111 but I knew that going in. I'll be ordering "The Answer" from Tucker Gunleather tomorrow.

Anyway... Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm not an expert by any means, but have fired several types of handguns going back to the first M1911 I was issues in my Army days way back when. It was one of only 600 manufactured by Singer Sewing Machine and you can bet I wish I had that baby now! Much more experience with the Beretta 92F/M9 and then my PT111 than any other make, but happy to be back into the .45 fold.

Looking forward to learning a ton and hopefully making a few friends here!

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Welcome Aboard!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: I'm sure you will find just about all the info your looking for on this forum Folks here very friendly and knowledgeable. Good Luck and Enjoy.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Welcome from the Land of Lincoln.

·
Administrator
40,372 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed, glad you could join us. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Hey,

Welcome from southwestern Virginia! It's really hard to go wrong with a 1911 series from any gunsmith......... I personally have not owned a Taurus 1911 series, but I've owned many 1911 series weapons.

I hope that you find the boards both informative and entertaining.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome Merlinspop from Manila, Philippines! ;)

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome Sir, from South Carolina!

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Merlinspop, welcome to Taurus Armed from VEGAS!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome Merlinspop from Sugar Land, TX. Have done some work in your part of the country...Huntington, Catlettsburg - pretty country. Good to have you on board.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts