Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow Taurus enthusiasts!

My name is Ivan, I did my time in the U.S. Army for 8 yrs. The best part of those years was spent in the 160th Spec. Ops. Aviation.
Good times, great friends, and bad ass missions. N.S.D.Q.

Came across this site and have enjoyed it since. I purchased my PT 1911 and have not had any problems. Read many reviews, and the final decision was mine. I enjoy my .45 and have always wanted one. I have shot a .45 only once, it was my instructors Colt Gold Cup, and I was hooked.

Sold my Ruger P-89 and Mossberg shotgun, ( was never really happy with those firearms) and now I have my .45. Picked up the 1911 at a gun show and a Don Hume holster.

It hasn't been a month and I already ordered a set of grips and mag well.

Glad to be part of the Taurus Armed community.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Yo Ivan, welcome from Tulsa Oklahoma!
And thank you for your service in the armed forces! ;)

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rwcreigh said:
welcome from texas and thank you for your service.what was the service weapon?
Hey rwcreigh,

I got trained on the Beretta 9mm, shotgun and HK MP-5. The MP-5 was my favorite, never jammed, easy target acquisition and light weight. ( and the mini-gun)

We didn't have the M4s yet, those were still new at the time. Got some Rangers to show me their weapons, like the Remington Rifle and the Barrett. I enjoyed training with the Rangers, very dedicated and motivated individuals.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you with us. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

·
Administrator
39,472 Posts
Glad you are here as a part of this community. Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Hawk, thank you for your service to our Country and welcome to Taurus Armed from Vegas!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hawk, thanks for your service to this great country. Welcome aboard. Possibly moving to Nashville area in the near future. What are the ownership and CCW laws like in TN.?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts