Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Greetings from the Northwoods

1842 Views 42 Replies 43 Participants Last post by  Texheim
Hey everybody! I'm the proud new owner of my first hand gun, a Taurus 627 6.5 Wheel gun that I plan on deer hunting/target shooting with. Any advice on this gun? The shop i purchased it from recommended that i use spent casings and cycle the gun a few times. He also mentioned that if I'm feeling frisky I can use lapping compound in the trigger group (<--Correct term for a Revolver?) and smooth out the action. I plan on shooting quite a bit in the next couple weeks and contributing to this awesome site!
Reactions: 1
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.
Welcome from New Mexico, glad to have you.
Hello and Welcome from the Ozark Mtns of Arkansas.
Howdy, and welcome from Dallas, TX!
We have lots of wheelgun fans around these parts, I'm sure they'll get you headed in the right direction...
Welcome from Michigan...
Welcome aboard from the KY, Horse Country!!
Yellow Facial expression Emoticon Text Smile
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....
See less See more
Welcome from Ohio!!
from the Florida Keys! :wave:
See less See more
Hello from StL MO!!

Sounds like he's talking about dry firing prior to shooting live ammo - can't hurt. Did he show how or where to polish? How to clean it up afterwards? Again, not a revolver guy (semi auto everything) but give it a Google / You Tube search and the wheel gun guys will respond as well, I'm sure!
Welcome from South Tulsa.
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state. :icon_ lala:

State of 1 Million Concealed Carry Permits and counting
Welcome from Indiana!!
Hello from Central North Carolina and welcome to TaurusArmed.net. You will find some
friendly and knowledgeable people here.
Hello and welcome to the forum from Southeast Tennessee;;
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!
See less See more
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.