Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 40 of 81 Posts

Registered
Guns? What guns?
Which parts did you have in mind that currently aren't available in our web store?

Parts, in general. Let's say I need a firing pin for my M851. Or a replacement hand for a 90's era M65. Not available, even to gunsmiths - which is why many gunsmiths refuse to work on Taurus, because Taurus won't sell most parts.

I will support Taurus when Taurus supports me.

Administrator
Welcome to the Forum, from Rockford, Illinois, USA! :)

Long time Taurus owner here and have several Taurus Pistols in my collection of useful artifacts.
PT92, bought new in July 1992, and have put very very many rounds thru it in IPSC/USPSA
PT908, an occasional CCW
PT24/7 Pro 9mm, a favorite Fall and Winter CCW, among other Pistols in my carry rotation
PT24/7 OSS .45, occasional Winter Open Carry Pistol
Pre-G2 PT111 Pro 9mm, favorite Spring and Summer CCW
PT709, occasional Spring and Summer CCW

Please note that I also own, shoot, and carry, other makes of firearms.

One thing I would like to see is the return of the PT917 to the Market. ;)

Registered
Welcome to the forum. I own quite an assortment of Taurus handguns, both semi-autos and revolvers and in various calibers and I'm not done yet. A PT111 G2 opened the floodgates for me. A Taurus 92 is in my near future, I just wish they were still available without a rail. I been vocally negative in the past about the Taurus 1911, saying that it rattled like an old farm truck, but I handled one recently and I must say that I am very impressed with how Taurus has stepped up their game. Congrats on that one for sure.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Parts, in general. Let's say I need a firing pin for my M851. Or a replacement hand for a 90's era M65. Not available, even to gunsmiths - which is why many gunsmiths refuse to work on Taurus, because Taurus won't sell most parts.

I will support Taurus when Taurus supports me.
totally understandable. We鈥檙e happy to repair any of our guns, including discontinued models like the 851.

I will ask this though as regarding spare hands as an example: neither Ruger nor S&W routinely release those parts to the public, and their availability relies largely on a robust aftermarket, which is something we don鈥檛 yet enjoy.

Super Moderator
Hey Caleb , a thought came to my mind. I know that you have all of the firearms at your disposal to shoot . I'm curious to know what's in your personal collection, what you choose to carry and so on? What's the one that always goes to the range? You can even confess to other manufacturers , we won't tell !

Registered
Welcome to the forum! So glad to have you here!!! First off, GREAT job on the TX22, GX4, TH9 (and TH9c) and the G3 (and G2) series pistols! I am so impressed with my new TX that I am very seriously contemplating selling some of my non-Taurus pistols to buy a TH9c and a GX4 TORO (please make them in the brown color that is available in the G2...the TX22 as well, please, as I need a second one)!
Now, about that Spectrum...any chance of an improved design and a re-launch?

Administrator
Welcome from West Texas, Caleb!

Registered
Welcome from N.C. first forum I've ever been on that has a representative from the company the forum is on. Thank You for joining and taking time to get ideas and share information with us.

I currently own 7 Taurus pistols. I do have other brands but own more Taurus than others. Keep up the good work and please add 10mm to the line up in the U.S. in full size and compact.

Registered
There's a scene in the movie "Support Your Local Sheriff" where James Garner is handed the sheriff's badge, which has a bullet dent in it. He remarks that it was fortunate the badge saved the previous sheriff's life. Mayor Harry Morgan replies, "Yep, except for all those other bullets..."

So welcome aboard. I'm a previous owner of a 24/7 G2C in .45ACP that I sold because of a terrible trigger that I sent back to Taurus for remediation and they sent it back without correction. Still waiting for another .45.

In the Cliff's Notes of the forum (as I see it), there are two recurring complaints:

1. Availability of replacement parts. Any revolver, any pistol, just about any part. The people answering the phone (your CSRs) are at the mercy of their scripts and I believe are taking a terrible beating. Almost all of the other firearms manufacturers make parts available either through their web sites or major firearms component dealers, or both. For whatever reason, Taurus has resisted, without explanation. Posting the corporate rationale on this forum would let us know that why. Even better, posting a parts breakdown of each firearm with part numbers and making available those parts to us consumers would be better. I understand (as should everyone else) that recalled weapons would be exempted.

2. Customer service. In my own experience I sent my pistol back because of a terrible trigger. The corrective action? "Replaced the firing pin." No effect on operation. I ended up selling it to anther forum member who apparently had the expertise to correct that issue. You can find hundreds of posts, many of which disparage customer service. Most of these IMO seem to be attributed to an ERP system that is unable to track customer returns through the repair cycle, aggravated by technicians/smiths who are either untrained or unable to correct the defects on the returned items, and either an inability or an unwillingness to update the system.

I currently have a G2C in 9mm that I customized with a recoil assembly, striker guide and trigger from sources other than Taurus, because Taurus doesn't make them. With a Viridian E-series laser it can dot the "i" at 15 yards and, I believe, perform equal or better than any Glock or other pistol. You will find posts from other Taurus owners relating their experiences with other pistol owners who disparage the Taurus product only to see that it is indeed an accurate weapon.

We need availability of the same resources that are available to owners of other major pistol manufacturers. Replacement parts so we can do it ourselves, better customer service for those who need it. Putting Taurus on the same level as Glock, S&W, Ruger and the rest.

Reactions: Zack856 and jwc007

Registered
:) Hi and welcome aboard from nw PA! Seein' as how you're Taurus USA's Marketing Manager, I just have to ask...:confused:...'ja bring beer?

Registered
Guns? What guns?
totally understandable. We鈥檙e happy to repair any of our guns, including discontinued models like the 851.

I will ask this though as regarding spare hands as an example: neither Ruger nor S&W routinely release those parts to the public, and their availability relies largely on a robust aftermarket, which is something we don鈥檛 yet enjoy.
I didn't ask you to repair it, I simply request that you provide parts if I need to repair it.

I've owned dozens of Taurus revolvers. But I've owned even more S&W, having bought my first one in 1978. In those 44 years, I've never EVER needed a part that S&W was reluctant to sell me.

Not gonna argue with you. Taurus has significant problems with after sales support. Problems that marketing lingo can't disguise.

Registered
G2c PT145 MilPro
Welcome Caleb, from NW Washington!
Awesome to have a company rep on board. I'll echo others sentiments; give me something to replace (bad choice of words, since I'll never part with it) my PT145 Millennium Pro. Love my G2C, but really want a new .45ACP.

Registered
Which parts did you have in mind that currently aren't available in our web store?

Scope mounts for the center fire medium/large frame wheel guns would be a show of good faith. I don't have to click the link to know you ain't got em. After a 627 that came with a frame that was cut completely crooked and a safety that kept slipping to the on position along with a defender that locked up completely with no movement to the hammer, trigger, or cylinder with live ammo inside, I'm hesitant to buy another Taurus. We have been asking for a Taurus rifle for years. The Brazilians got 9mm rifles, when will we get ours? If your big surprise at shot show is just a g3/g3c with rmr cuts I'll be buying a Smith out of spite.

Registered
You are a brave man Caleb. Welcome. I'm excited to see what comes out of this. It's been quite a while since we had an actual active Taurus employee and maybe the first that has announced themselves outright.

I'll be following this thread with my bucket of popcorn and a prayer that you don't tap out.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts