Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a 1911 fanatic for years until I realized they had become "hobby guns" onto which I was adding/modifying parts to the point they were changing appearance and funtion almost weekly; I decided I'd had enough, sold them all and went with Glock, H&K,Sig-Sauer, etc. Just about two years ago I retired and started a part-time job as a firearms instructor and quickly realized that I needed to be familiar with every handgun platform that I could in order to assist my students with their weapon-related problems, so I recently purchased a PT1911SS. What a difference from the old days with the 1911, I really like the improvements in sights, ambidextrous safety, etc. Needless to say, I found this forum and have been absorbing a lot of good advice - especially on disassembly/reassembly of the PT1911. To borrow a phrase: "I'll be back" - frequently!!! :)

·
Administrator
41,728 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

And DO come back!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome from Missouri !!

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you with us. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Greetings & welcome from Tulsa Oklahoma! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.