Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Greetings from new owner in California

1K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  JoDonley 
#1 ·
I have been spending days researching Taurus firearms because I had a chance to get my father's 1970's Model 80. The wealth of information in this forum helped me decide to get the gun. Looking forward to firing it, will have it looked at thoroughly before I do anything.
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome from northern Georgia , heirloom firearms are special .

#3 · (Edited)
Welcome.......
Something you should keep and pass down.
I have my granddad's S&W 32 police, and my mom's S&W 38 snubbie.
My wife's brother (who passed away this morning unfortunately) has a German Luger that he got from the Captain of a company who surrendered to him back at the end of WWII. He does not have a son to pass it to. I certainly do not want it to fall into the wrong hands. I will lobby for it at the first opportunity.

Bottom line here- if you have your dad's gun....don't let it get away. Pass it down

(Edit: Correction- the wife's brother got that pistol from his dad who was captured by the Germans- who surrendered back to their prisoners at the end of the war.)

#17 ·
Welcome.......
Something you should keep and pass down.
I have my granddad's S&W 32 police, and my mom's S&W 38 snubbie.
My wife's brother (who passed away this morning unfortunately) has a German Luger that he got from the Captain of a company who surrendered to him back at the end of WWII. He does not have a son to pass it to. I certainly do not want it to fall into the wrong hands. I will lobby for it at the first opportunity.

Bottom line here- if you have your dad's gun....don't let it get away. Pass it down
My condolences to your wife, yourself and the family on your loss.

#7 ·
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma!

#14 ·
Welcome to taurusarmed.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "Taurus® Spoken Here!" Hooaaahhhh!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.