Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just logged on.

I am seriously thinking of picking up a PT145 this afternoon.

Have heard good, bad and indifferent . . . but this is the case with ANY gun.

Will let y'all know what happened later. I may be needing some pointers, advice, etc. Have a goodly number of firearms, but this would be my first Taurus.

Semper Fi,
Greg Wilson

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Welcome to the site ... glad to have you along.

I will say, I like mine a lot. I looked at several different guns as well, some of them being Rugers, Springfields, and a couple others. The Taurus really just fit my hand, like it was made for me.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Welcome! Glad you found us here...enjoy your stay!

·
32,612 Posts
Welcome to the site. There should be a Taurus PT that will fit anybody and quality has not been as issue for me since I have never had any problems with the ones I have. Scuttlebutt on the internet is just that. Garbage and take it with a grain of salt. Am also a member of two other major forums besides here and there hasn't been a make or model manufactured that doesn't get bad mouthed constantly.Positive comments on Taurus and other manufacturers abound here. Doesn't mean everything is hunky dory either. All mechanical devices malfunction at times and need maintenance of some kind. New shooters and old seem to have some troubles when a new gun is purchased. Most of it is just breaking it in and getting used to the particular traits.So give us an update as things progress.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update. Got my PT145. Sent about 50 rounds down range after I got home. Flawless function. May need to work on the sights. Do you just use an allen wrench to loosen the rear sight for windage adjustment? Anyway, I suppose continuing on this line would be off topic here.

Thank you to everyone for the welcome.

·
32,612 Posts
Yep, Take it over to the pistol section, but if someone answers your question here we will assign a 5000 word range report in triplicate. :eek: ::) ;D :D :) Kidding of course. Keep us posted on developments.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts