Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings and Salutations from Northern Virginia!

I would like to say hello and thank everyone in advance for welcoming me to the forum. Not only am I new to the forum, I am a new Taurus firearm owner. How new you ask? I picked up three G2C’s last night and have only opened one of the boxes. Two of these will be my for my kids first foray into centerfire handguns after proving their competency and responsibility with .22 revolvers. The third will eventually go into a rotation of my EDC.

I did over 12 months or research on these before I took the plunge because of all the “bad press” I had always heard about Taurus firearms. The more I dug, the more I learned that the majority of people spreading that bad juju had never owned a Taurus firearm. Rule #1, don’t listen to the opinions of those who have no basis to form an opinion. Rule #2, NEVER have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

I look forward to learning as much as much as I can and contributing when I can. Have an exceptional weekend!

JT, the Armed Realtor

·
Registered
19,127 Posts
:smile: Hi and welcome aboard from nw PA!!! :hello:

Reactions: ArmedRealtor

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
Welcome from north Texas!

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

·
Registered
24,763 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from North Texas, JT! :wave: We're mighty glad you decided to join "Ye Merrye Crewwe". :thumb:

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from North Central Texas, Lots of great people and good information to be found in these pages.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Welcome aboard, from Las Vegas!
I understand about realtors needing to be armed. You sometimes have to show "less than desirable" properties, located in "less than desirable" areas, to "less than desirable" clients.

Three G2's at once? I hope they're all good. I love my G2, but from some of the complaints at this website, I think a few lemons do get throught the Taurus assembly line.
I have two G2's, and one needs to go back for a problem with the trigger-blade safety (a fairly common problem).

The PT-111 G2 has a long trigger pull that some find annoying; not heavy, but long. This is due to gun's “Second Strike” capability. It normally cocks in single action mode (just like a 1911), but if you pull the trigger and the round doesn't fire, you can pull the trigger again on the same round. The trigger will then engage earlier than usual, pull the striker back, and release from its usual release point. Using reloads at the range this happens to me occasionally, and I find that the round will fire on the second strike about 75 percent of the time.

But I still like the G2. It feels good, looks good, is very compact, and has a 12 round magazine (outstanding for a compact gun).
It also has an oustanding external manual safety (firm & crisp, but not too hard).
If the PT-111 G2 only had a de-cocker, it would be perfect!

·
Super Moderator
40,589 Posts
to the forum from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome to the group from Walton Co Georgia
a great group and good twisted humor.
Enjoy
Bob

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts