Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new Taurus PT145 Millenium Pro, 3rd gen with rail. I have a couple questions about accessories for it. What holsters will work and what lazer sights will work with the short rail?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I carry mine in a Smart Carry. Don't have to dress around the gun. Can wear shorts tucked in shirt people just can't tell you are carrying. I wear it 15 or 16 hrs per day in comfort. Its Faster on the draw that an IWB Tuckable. Just need to practice your technique. With the safety on the Mil Pro you should have no worries. I am not familair with laser sights but if you have the Heine 8 sights thhey are selling the tritium Nights sights for $125. They fit the 24/7 and 3rd gen Mil Pros. I fired mine today and had a great experience with it. It ate everything I put in it no problems at all . Liked the suprisingly low recoil and I really liked the trigger. Hope you have good experience with it a great gun for under $400

·
Registered
58 Posts
I can only help you with the holsters since I have not tried a laser sight with my PT145Pro SS 3rd Gen. I use the same holsters for my PT111 MilPro, PT140 MilPro and Glock 27. Don Hume IWB#15, Don Hume JIT holster, FIST #K8 IWB and #K2 Kydex Highride and Fobus SP11B Paddle and last but not least my HighNoon Bare Asset FBI cant. All of these holsters fit all those guns including my PT145Pro. I am just like the others buy holsters and find the right one for me. Holster with most usage for CCW, FIST #K2, Hignoon Bare Asset during no jacket weather. The Done Hume JIT and the Fobus SP11B gets used during jacket weather. For the shooting range, I use the Fobus SP11B. The FIST #K8 is used only when I have to dress up and tucked shirt. It's tuckable and cantable so it's good for discreet carry.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I like the Uncle Mike holster for IWB cause they r comfortable and cozy and relatively inexpensive. I noticed my past leather IWB's got all scoury lookin over time from belly sweat. If an Uncle Mikes goes bad, ya just throw it away and buy a new one, they're that cheap. Oh yea, and Chief..... Go WOLVERINES!!!

·
Registered
625 Posts
I have two holsters for my PT145, one is an IB and the other is a paddle holster. The IWB holster is a Bianchi Professional. I generally don't like IWB holsters, but this one fits fairly well. My paddle holster is the Fobus SP11B. It fits perfectly and is very comfortable. With an untucked shirt I have no problems concealing the weapon.

I am not knowledgeable on lasers, but a quick call to one of the manufacturers would probably yield some answers.

Todd

·
32,619 Posts
Where are our manners? Or is that manors. Only if you are in realty. Do not have anything to add except Welcome to the forum. Glad to see you get your feet wet with the first post and asking questions. No charge for info. Might get assigned a range report as homework when anyone gets a new gun. :) ;) :D ;D :eek: ::)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts