Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Green Chili Chicken Pasta

Serves 8....leftover sauce can be frozen and I think it's better when frozen and thawed,
maybe because I haven't been doing taste test while cooking.

1 11 oz can cream of chicken soup1 11 oz can cream of mushroom soup
1 14.5 oz can of Chicken broth
12 Oz of canned chopped green chilis
1 fair sized grilled chicken breast or 15 oz can of white chicken
1/8 pound of queso blanco (white Velveta) (1/2 cup cubed)
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper. 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin, one tablespoon garlic puree

If using a grilled chicken breast, cut and chop into less than bite sized pieces.
If using canned chicken, add liquid in can also.

Pour broth into sauce pan first, then add both soups, then green chilis, chicken, cumin, garlic and crushed red pepper.
On medium heat, when the sauce begins to bubble, add white Velveeta and stir until cheese all melts,
then let simmer 5 minutes, add corn starch or flour to thicken as needed.

Do not add any salt, the broth and soups have plenty. Fine chopped green and red bell pepper
may be added for color, but only a 1/3 of a bell pepper is plenty.
If you want to crank it up a notch and clear your sinuses, you can use 1/2 a
teaspoon of crushed red pepper instead of 1/4 teaspoon. Dried tomatoes also add
a little flavor.

As to the pasta, I start heating my pasta water immediately after combining the broth and soups, and when
the cheese is added to the sauce, I begin to cook the pasta. I prefer the bowtie. You can add salt to the pasta
water.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Jake, that certainly sounds delicious. I'll try it next week.

Thanks,

Flash

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Hmmm, think I'll be making that this weekend!

Oh and it most likely does taste better after freezing and thawing. Many dishes are like that. Try to make meatload, chili and such the day BEFORE you want to actually eat them. Much better.

Sarge

·
Registered
31,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've always liked day old pot roast, stew and chili better than fresh cooked, all the flavors seem to really meld.

The green chili flavor was much more prominent on the aged sauce. I left out the tablespoon of Garlic Puree in the recipe, I'll fix that.

·
Registered
31,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder what it might do to the taste to add a little lemon juice. When I thaw out the half of the last sauce I made, I'll take a cup of the sauce and try two tablespoons of lemon juice. Should give it just a little more tartness to compliment the green chili flavor.

Reactions: Sarge
1 - 5 of 5 Posts