Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I signed up for a CC class. She's from the Bahamas and has been in the US on a green card, legal immigrant, for 30 years. Can she get a permit?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Check here: Handgunlaw.us and the NC web site. Being that she is a legal immigrant, I'm thinking yes.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
The first question on the NC CCW application is "Are you a US citizen", I would encourage her to apply for citizenship. I know you need to be a citizen to purchase and generally speaking anything that prohibits purchasing will also prevent a CCW license. I would call the stat office before applying on order to prevent losing the application fee.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
My wife and I signed up for a CC class. She's from the Bahamas and has been in the US on a green card, legal immigrant, for 30 years. Can she get a permit?
Boy, you would think that after living here for 30 years everything would be okay. But I am with Slak on this one -- get the citizenship and enjoy the benefits! Welcome to her by the way, we are glad that she is here, and even happier to hear that she is interested in CC!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all, I cancelled her class. She will not consider becoming a US citizen, I've learned not to push it...

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
My dad was like that. He was a Canadian Resident Alien. I asked him why he didn't naturalize and he said, "Son, I was born a Tory and I will die a Tory." I told him I could respect that. Some time later, he asked me if I wanted Dual Citizenship (which I was eligible for at the time).. I told him "Dad, I was born an American and I will die an American." 'Nuff said.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts