Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
32,481 Posts
Yep. Got in on that one. :) A lot of members from here did too. Nice to see.Notice that there was no fact or proof from the negative side of the house. I am proud of members here and at TFL for their stand on this and other threads over there.

·
Registered
276 Posts
That is a good thread. One thing that stood out for me was the "bandwagoning" that started happening with the statement "Taurus makes more lemons than most". Then there was the guy who gave his "unscientific" numbers showing that Taurus does make more lemons, but nobody called him on his crap. Those are good examples of people who don't realize the nonsense they're spouting and they think they look smart. For instance, those who were saying Taurus makes more lemons than any other manufactuer... how do they actually KNOW that? Did they contact each gun maker and find out the gross numbers of product produced and compare that with the number of product returned for repairs? Nope, those guys didn't do that, but yet they sit back in their arm chairs patting themselves on the head for how smart they sound with "Taurus produces more lemons than other gun companies". LOL!

·
32,481 Posts
My favorites are the guys who claim to be dealers or sellers and all the Taurus lemons go back. Ask for specifics and none are forthcoming. Ever. These dealers and sellers have to keep records ,don't they?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heck, I talked to about 8 different dealers in my area that sell the Taurus line and not one of them can even remember the last complaint or return of a Taurus handgun! 8 dealers!! And the all sell lots of Taurus, not just a few here and there. That was enough convincing for me to buy my Taurii and I will buy more from them! Even if I had a money tree in the back yard, I'd still buy Taurus guns because I like them!

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I wonder if some of the ones who down Taurus on a consistent basis do it because they perceive Taurus is displacing some of their favorite brands in the marketplace; offering more innovative designs, different calibers and configurations that their brand doesn't, and in turn making those who only buy said brand irritable.

The big three once consisted of Colt, S&W and Ruger. Now it's fair to say that it's Taurus, S&W and Ruger, at least in terms of market share when we look at the overall sales of handguns to civilians.

If I'm not mistaken, Colt is now focused much more on providing their products to the US Government & Law Enforcement Agencies than to the civilian market even though they do still offer some products us.

Smith & Wesson, while making a great product, has put some off for various reasons. The lock on their revolvers still has many shaking their head in disgust and even some longtime Smith owners vowing never to own a S&W again unless it's one of the older models.

But I digress. This is speculation on my part as to why some may not like Taurus. That and possibly because Taurus offers firearms that are just as good as the other brands but for substantially less money [much like Ruger]. Some of these same people who drop 2x as much or more on their firearm may feel there is something inherently wrong with a Taurus and that you can't possibly get something just as good as what they have for half the money. When they're disproven by actual owners of those fine Taurus products then they have to contest what you say. And practically every time without fail, the ones who are badmouthing Taurus are the same ones who have never even held one, let alone fired it.

But yes, more Taurus owners are coming forward with their accounts and I think it's caught some of the anti-Taurus crowd by surprise. Good, because we're going to continue to vocalize our positive experiences.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I think the 'basher' personality is a bit insecure, and is listening harder than anyone else to what he himself has to say. "Here is this authority speaking, and he's ME." By far, most of the time he's "identifying" with a widely recognized expert (how many "lil Coopers" have you seen on these boards?).

The sad reality is, and one we should all remember: this may be the ONLY thing that makes him feel important - and deep down inside he KNOWS it's a lie. It's no kindness to drag the reality of his inadequacy out into the open. Worse, he'll usually wet his pants in frustrated rage to confirm the fact.

I've done it - in retrospect I'm not proud of it - in future I'll try to keep my reposts to facts and resist the urge to drive home the point with his pointy little skull.

Phew. Didn't mean to hold forth, but this issue has been on my mind for some time. Particularly since the awesome mantle of mod-hood descended on my shoulders.

·
32,481 Posts
This is frustrating to a high degree for anybody.

Letting loose from time to time is needed. Venting pent up stuff as it were. Having to deal with it as much as any owner has to with the exposure to bashing. This is true for any brand, make, or model.

Doing a psychoanalysis would be an interesting and revealing. However these types are all ready understood too well.

·
Registered
108 Posts
LOL, I had my foot in that thread too. It is amazing though...if you go to ANY brand specific forum,( i.e. S&W, Glock, Sig, Ruger....) you will find they all have their problems. But nobody wants to admit to that on their favorite brand, so they all pile on to Taurus' ancient history.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts