Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grassburr makes a very nice holster that you can mount to anything. It is available with a vertical, horizontal, or pipe mount bracket. You can get the holster in leather (very nice) or nylon.

I have a leather one mounted under a table (in the house), which nobody has ever seen (besides me & the wife). You can mount them in a vehicle, on an atv, under a table or desk, behind a bed, behind a cabinet.....you get the idea.

They are very nice people and they make a high quality product. My leather one is first-rate, very nice unit. I've had it for years and most people have never heard of this company. I just wanted to pass this along to you guys because it is a great option for anyone that would like a nice holster to mount a pistol somewhere.

Here is a link:
http://www.grassburr.com/index.asp

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
paulrabe78 said:
Thanks for the link but I prefer to have a gun on myself. Just my opinion.
Me too, but this isn't about those times. Frankly, I don't walk around the house with a pistol in my pocket (or in a holster...etc.)....though there are places in my home with pistols. That's what this is for. I have an IWB for concealed carry, but I don't like driving with it in the small of my back.

This is just an option for folks. There may be others that make similar products.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
It's always good to have more options. Thanks for the post, kingofwylietx.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
ya i want the gun on me.. but for those people who just want a car gun, not such a bad option.. and the uber paranoid could stash guns in the house..

can't say i need/want this but i can see it being useful in some situations.

·
Registered
959 Posts
For the Man that cannot make his own Bracket... Seems to be for Quick-Draw Car Jacking Situations...

·
Administrator
35,408 Posts
I could see having holsters mounted in a couple of places in the trunk, or under the dash, like they show....it does give options. thanks for the link.

Airwrench, I'd have to ride around with my hood up if I put that revolver in an under-dash holster - it would look like a WWII mini-tank driving around Texas !!!

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
airwrench said:
Good idea for long road trips when you need to be comfortable. Especially if you carry this revolver.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=94241796#PIC
That might work better with a ceiling mount. You know, the kind that other long guns are carried in...

I can see some purpose for these holsters. I'm not sure that I'd use one myself but for a way to have a gun easily accessible but not on your person they look like they'd work.

Steelheart

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I originally bought it to mount a pistol to my atv, for when we're at the ranch. I never attached it, as I do fine with it in my hip holster. However, I travel a bit. My wife wanted something to keep a pistol close to the bed, but not actually on a nightstand. So, I attached it where it wouldn't be out in the open, but still incredibly easy to access....should she need to do so.

·
Registered
497 Posts
kingofwylietx said:
I have an IWB for concealed carry, but I don't like driving with it in the small of my back.
So, don't carry it in the small of your back. If for some reason you should get knocked on your butt during a confrontation, there is a very real chance that you could sustain a serious, disabling back injury. It doesn't conceal there very well anyway. Every time you bend over, it will print.

My opinion and experience, your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
pioneer461 said:
So, don't carry it in the small of your back. If for some reason you should get knocked on your butt during a confrontation, there is a very real chance that you could sustain a serious, disabling back injury. It doesn't conceal there very well anyway. Every time you bend over, it will print.

My opinion and experience, your mileage may vary.
In reality, where I am carrying depends on what I am carrying and what I am wearing (type of clothing). The small of the back comment was just an example of the fact that I don't like driving with something IWB. For me, it's not comfortable or easy to access. I have a great spot for storing my pistols in my truck.

You do make a very good point about the possibility of getting a back injury if you were to fall onto your pistol. Something else to consider is that it will be difficult to draw your firearm while you are on your back laying on it. These are things folks should consider.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
At least one holster maker on his web site, states that he will not make a SOB for anyone due to the potential for problems.
My LEO son, was injured in his back due to items on his duty belt hitting the wrong area in one accident he was involved in. So I know impacts, or falling on something there can be major problem. He has had problems as a result of this for years. They even got him different duty gear, that took everything away from his lower back. Shoulder suspension rig, for radio, cuffs, etc, if I remember right, and a tactical holster that did not depend on a duty belt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts