Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this looks to be a really well-run operation! I joined the forum after I had decided that Taurus was likely the handgun I would purchase after the recent feeding frenzy dies down. The only gun I own is a Webley Ml VI museum piece given to me by my father-in-law. It's a very cool pistol, but I realized just how little I know about guns when he gave it to me. I qualified on .45 while I was in the Navy many, many years ago, but have not owned anything but a shotgun till I got the Webley. For all practical purposes I'm a complete noob, and this looks to be good place to fix that. So hi there!

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Welcome from Jacksonville Florida. If you have not already done so, please join the NRA.

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Welcome to the forum, we'd love a pic of the MK VI! THAT is one super-cool piece there. Do you shoot it?

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Welcome from Lapeer,Michigan.

·
Registered
29,957 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state. :icon_ lala:

The state of 1 Million Concealed Carry Permits and counting.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hello and Welcome from the Ozark Mtns of Arkansas.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
1 Smiley Hello.gif Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the forum, we'd love a pic of the MK VI! THAT is one super-cool piece there. Do you shoot it?
No, I haven't fired it yet, I want to have a smith give it a good going over first. According to my reading, most of these pistols in the US have been modded to accept .45 ACP, but the gun wasn't designed to withstand the pressure of modern loads, so I want to make sure the gun is in good shape and get a good read on the right load for the piece before I shoot it. Here's a few pics: picture008_zpsf5f9f3f4.jpg picture005_zps4fcacd89.jpg picture006_zpsdb221040.jpg

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Welcome to the forum, from Dallas, TX!
Rogers - home of Daisy BB guns? I remember going by the factory, I think, when I was a kid and we would drive from Ft. Scott, KS to visit relatives in Little Rock.

Nice looking Webley!

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
No, I haven't fired it yet, I want to have a smith give it a good going over first. According to my reading, most of these pistols in the US have been modded to accept .45 ACP, but the gun wasn't designed to withstand the pressure of modern loads, so I want to make sure the gun is in good shape and get a good read on the right load for the piece before I shoot it. Here's a few pics: View attachment 45458 View attachment 45459 View attachment 45460
I LOVE THAT GUN!!!

That's correct. The .45 ACP is essentially equivalent to the "proof" load the British used for the .455. I looked around a bit, and it isn't easy to find but with some patience I think you could find some ammo and/or brass. The general advice seems to be if you want reloadable brass pass on the Fiocchi. I think .455 Colt is the same cartridge...???

455 webley MK-II ammo | Buffalo Arms Company

here's another: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/browse/ammo-pistol-455-webley-ammo.aspx?c=95&s=882

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Thanks for the link! My father in law said he just used .45 ammo in it, but I never asked about the specific ammo he used. I'm not brave enough to experiment. :) I also know that the nickel plating is a mod, wish it had the original finish. The gun is much bigger than it looks in the pics too.

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Thanks for the link! My father in law said he just used shot .45 ammo in it, but I never asked about the specific ammo he used. I'm not brave enough to experiment. :) I also know that the nickel plating is a mod, wish it had the original finish. The gun is much bigger than it looks in the pics too.
It is possible to have the plating removed and get it blued, I did that to a Colt 1909 Army once. You'll need to find somebody who knows what they are doing though. Like maybe Gun Bluing Specialty Shop

Really you need to reload some very soft .45 ACP loads for it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
WELCOME from Chillicothe Illi-kick me in the Jimmy-noisnois!
Only a Webley he says! Beautiful beautiful beauty!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Welcome from Kansas. I have no doubt you will enjoy it here!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts