Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i picked up 2 military surplus m48 mausers all gunked up with all that funky grease with all accesaries with a lot of assorted ammo for 175.00 for the pair, ones a m48a and one dont have any markings,but nice wood.gona give one to my brother,got 540 rounds of asstd brown box and white box and turkish on clips, plus 2 boxes of usa brand soft point hunting rounds.sound like a good deal.he was asking 200.00.

·
Super Moderator
35,691 Posts
That "funky grease" is cosmoline. LOL! Sounds like a decent deal. I bought a M88 commission rifle back in about 76 for $27.50 in very good and converted to 8x57JS. That rifle has appreciated over the years. My buddy got the Turkish model and I got the German model. We split a case of 800 rounds surplus ammo, about every fifth round was a dud. We spent an afternoon shooting turtles and snakes out of his dad's tank. I think I fired about 50 rounds that day and could hardly move my arm the next day. Them poor huns that had to fire that thing in combat must've had a permanent blue shoulder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts