Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone looking for a great deal on a Taurus 327, here is one I just received via e-mail from CDNN. If I had not just purchased a Kel-Tec PF9, I would be quite interested in buying one of these! :D

·
Registered
14,055 Posts
I have that little 327mag in my collection. I purchased it last year from Larry's Pawn and Guns in Huntsville, AL for $249 delivered. It has been perfect in all ways, never even so much as a burp, fires round after round and accurate to boot.
Well worth the money.

·
Super Moderator
40,615 Posts
Man I wish they had that in a 5" barrel! Very good price, I may consider one.

·
Registered
14,055 Posts
Man I wish they had that in a 5" barrel! Very good price, I may consider one.
You otta go ahead and jump on it, these little pistols are a pure blast to shoot. Ammo for the 327mag runs around $25 per box is the only draw back, but well worth the price of admission.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I have found that the "current" .pdf catalog CDNN puts out almost never has half the stuff advertised. You have to call them to find this out. I don't find them much fun to deal with.

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
I wouldn't mind either the .327 or the 732!

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Thinking about giving my FFL a heads up tomorrow

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I got one from CDNN it was the smoothest on line gun sale ever. They were spot on. You will pay for shipping, at least I did, but the price was as advertised and shipped the next day. My M327 had multiple issues and finally had to be replaced. That was not CDNN's fault. Another guy here got one from Buds and his had the same issues mine did: mostly timing related due to bad machining of the cylinder. Anyway Taurus sent me a new one so they lived up to their end of the deal. Hopefully it's a good one since it is waiting for me at my FFL I have not inspected it yet. The warranty makes it worth it since you're covered if you get a bad one. Just make sure to inspect it thoroughly prior to taking delivery of it. That was my bad on the first one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
While not a Taurus I own a .327 Federal Magnum revolver and it is a blast to shoot. With .32 S&W longs it feels like a .22lr (albeit an expensive .22lr). My wife uses it loades with the Hydra-shock 85gr Reduced recoil loads as her bedside gun. The .327 is a great caliber and if you reload it is even better.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
While not a Taurus I own a .327 Federal Magnum revolver and it is a blast to shoot. With .32 S&W longs it feels like a .22lr (albeit an expensive .22lr). My wife uses it loades with the Hydra-shock 85gr Reduced recoil loads as her bedside gun. The .327 is a great caliber and if you reload it is even better.
Glad to hear that the Hydra-shoks are working out for you! My wife uses the 110 gr. .38 load in her S&W j-frame.......

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Got one on the way. Should be hear on Tuesday then its off to the range. $223 with shipping

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have found that the "current" .pdf catalog CDNN puts out almost never has half the stuff advertised. You have to call them to find this out. I don't find them much fun to deal with.
Ditto, I had a disagreement with them about how they worded the shipping invoice on a gun order, dealer collected state sales tax, which I disputed. Okay in other respects, but as you said..mostly not in stock.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just ordered on of them today also. It'll be here hopefully Tuesday.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also bought one of the 327's from CDNN. Seems to be a nice little revolver but as I posted in another site, the B/C gap is tight, measures about .0015. I questioned the safety with that amount of tightness. I have other revolvers and most have B/C gaps from .004 to .006. I'm just wondering whether or not the gun will bind as it heats up.

Any suggestions from this forum?

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It sounds like some of y'all made a good purchase! I struggled with it, but went and bought a Kel-Tec PF9 instead -- please don't hate me! :D

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I also bought one of the 327's from CDNN. Seems to be a nice little revolver but as I posted in another site, the B/C gap is tight, measures about .0015. I questioned the safety with that amount of tightness. I have other revolvers and most have B/C gaps from .004 to .006. I'm just wondering whether or not the gun will bind as it heats up.

Any suggestions from this forum?
I bought one from CDNN and I had to return it to Taurus due to bad timing. Not CDNN's fault by the way, they were fine to deal with. Taurus sent me a replacement after trying to fix it a couple of times to no avail. I picked it up today. The timing was good based on B/C alignment but I did notice the B/C gap on mine was .002 with one or two at around .0015 to .0017 just like yours. I had a M617 which bound up due to B/C gap but on that one the forcing cone was poorly cut and it was dragging on the cylinder face.

I would take it out and shoot it if I were you. Thats what I am going to do. Just don't start off with 100 grain .327 LOL. I have a box of .32 long wad cutters I am going to run through it my first chance. This will indicate binding right away since tight tolerance like that are usually not a friend of lead bullets either. I figure if it doesn't bind or lead it's a keeper. If not back to Miami.

Just for some insurance I bought a KelTec PF9 like Revolver Fan LOL.

·
32,659 Posts
Love the Taurus 327. Own two. Those go with the Ruger SP-101 and GP-100 in .327 Federal.

The 85 gr. Low Recoil Federal is what gets used in the Taurus.

In .32 H&R magnum Federal 85 and 90 grainers get used.

Buffalo Bore makes a great +P .32 H&R round. Yes, there is no +P SAAMI rating.

I like the ammo versatility that the .32 calibers give.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased my own Taurus .327 after shooting my wife's Ruger .327 and I gotta say this hot little round is a blast to shoot. The only set back I have is the pistol I bought has a Barbie pink grip. So I ordered a black one from amazon and it's on it's way. My next question for anybody who knows is where can I find a holster that fits this gun so that I can carry concealed, preferably a underarm style. Thanks for any help.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts