Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weather today is said to be near 80 degrees later this afternoon. It's been some weird kind of cooler than normal and wetter than should be weather this year.

I was finally fed up with driving a dirty truck and said to myself that today was the day to shine it up. Now keep in mind that it is supposed to rain again in two days, but I simply couldn't take one more day of filth upon the paint.

So the temp hits around 54 degrees and off I go out to the garage to get everything ready to do a nice detail on the truck. Half way though the washing of the truck and the wife comes out and asks the question that always gets my goat "What ya doing"? I always answer "washing the truck", which is not what I really want to say. Oh I have a lot of other come backs that roll though my little head, but keep control of my mouth, my lips and peacefully remain married.

Finally she believes me in that I am indeed washing the truck and takes off to go to the store. I'm thinking "GREAT", I can work in peace and get to moving along in soaping up the truck paying special attention to the small little areas that tend to keep dirt tucked away to only show after the you really thought you were finished with the perfect finish. I'm looking for perfection in this wash job and nothing is going to stop me, after all I am home all alone outside by myself. And I repeat to myself, nothing is going to prevent me from finishing this up in non stop fashion. Going to rinse the truck off, grab the chamois and dry the truck because we have very hard water that will mineral spot the paint if not dried immediately.

Well, Murphy's Law found a way to stop me dead in my tracks with the passenger side doors and front fender covered in suds a bubbling. I turn on the water to rinse off the soap and nothing comes out of the hose but a little trickle of water which totally stopped in about 4 seconds.

Looked around for a few minutes and finally spotted the local water coop truck. They shut the water off to fix a leak down the street in a pasture of mud.

Some days just don't work in your favor no matter how much you want it to. Figured I would go grab a beer out my garage fridge and mellow out. Opened the beer and out it comes flowing non stop. Seems that with the cold weather we have had it lowered the temp in the fridge and the beer was frozen.

One thing for sure, I'm not going to handle any of my firearms or power tools today, just don't see any future in doing so!!!

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I can truly sympathize with your plight. . . . .well, maybe not the truck ('cause mine only gets washed when Nature Mama feels magnanimous) , and maybe not the water ( 'cause my waterline from the main in the street to the house blew last month and it cost me $2500 for the plumber and the excavator, and $400 to have four feet of sidewalk poured). . . . . . . . . BUT THE BEER !!!!!!! OMG!

Maybe you'd have better luck if you waited for your wife to get home and asked her kindly to brew you a nice soothing cup of chamomille tea. DO NOT TRUST YOURSELF TO GO NEAR A STOVE WHERE THERE IS FIRE OR OTHER SOURCES OF INTENSE HEAT! (Dribble a jigger of Baccardi in the tea, if you must. I hear it makes most herbal teas far more palatable, yet keeps their healthy properties intact.)

Reactions: jonrjen

·
22,321 Posts
One thing for sure, I'm not going to handle any of my firearms or power tools today, just don't see any future in doing so!!!
See that everyone? Right there? Wisdom.

·
Super Moderator
36,073 Posts
I got the same bug the other day and drove over to Leo's Car Wash...splurged and got the 7.00 "Magic Wash" ...then got home and my wife's Cherokee looked sad by comparison so Sunday morning took hers over for another 7.00 job. They towel dry them and feeling magnanimous for the upcoming holiday I was out 20 bucks for the weekend.

·
Super Moderator
36,073 Posts
I was going to ask if your water got restored...I guess that it did!

·
Super Moderator
36,073 Posts

·
Registered
18,837 Posts
There have been days when I was home by noon 'coz I realized if I stayed at work another 15 minutes...:sad:...I'd be bankrupt. :wink:...choose your battles.

·
Super Moderator
13,828 Posts
Some of the news stories Paul Harvey used to share, the protagonist was reportedly heard saying, "There's no use worryin', ain't nuthin' gonna turn out alright."

·
Super Moderator
13,828 Posts
...(Dribble a jigger of Baccardi in the tea, if you must. I hear it makes most herbal teas far more palatable, yet keeps their healthy properties intact.)
See that, everyone?! One of life's lesser known, but still important, lessons, right there! TA is still a great forum.

·
Super Moderator
36,073 Posts
Some of the news stories Paul Harvey used to share, the protagonist was reportedly heard saying, "There's no use worryin', ain't nuthin' gonna turn out alright."

Aren't those lyrics from a country song? :)

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
That would make me boil over. Fortunately, when I go out to wash the vehicle the water always works. Get up early on Sat. morning and get 'er done.

But the most important wash is the wife's Equinox. I slave over that darn thing and ... well I hope she appreciates it. :D I'm pretty sure she likes driving off in a shiny sled.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts