·
Registered
31,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: kschilk and darbo

·
Registered
18,813 Posts
:sad: Too bad he didn't make the cut but it wasn't his riding that held him back. Looked to me like he was crawlin' right up on the guy in front of him in the turns but they all pulled him on the straights. Even for a miler, that track was fast today!

·
Registered
31,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:sad: Too bad he didn't make the cut but it wasn't his riding that held him back. Looked to me like he was crawlin' right up on the guy in front of him in the turns but they all pulled him on the straights. Even for a miler, that track was fast today!
He has seemed somewhat tentative in most of the racing I have watched him do, and seems to be out powered a lot on his Honda.
I imagine his main sponser is the reason for the Honda. I'd prefer him on a KTM or Husky.

Reactions: kschilk

·
Registered
18,813 Posts
The Hondas appear to be doing well in the singles so it has to be in the setup. I'm sure he was geared-up plenty for this track but they were runnin' about 140 mph, which was a bit more than he had to work with. That's what the rookie year's for, learnin' the tracks and gettin' things dialed in. I kept a racing logbook with my setups for all the tracks under various conditions. I noted what worked and what didn't with the bike and my strategies. I also had a section on other riders, noting both their and their bike's strengths and weaknesses so if I needed to get around 'em, I'd know when and where was the best time to do it. It really helped.

Reactions: Jake3501

·
Registered
31,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I read a story this morning on the American Flat Track facebook page about the popularity of the singles class,
I noticed the 1 second difference between the Premier twins and the production twins on lap time, and a 1 second lap time difference between the production twin class and the singles class, so some speed is gained with a twin over a single, but the singles ride great in the corners. I enjoy the Texters, particularly the sister.

Reactions: kschilk
1 - 6 of 6 Posts