Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Matt, my next to the oldest grandson had a great game in a tournament in Celina, NW of Dallas. He pitched a shutout (only giving up one hit) and had a three run home run. Total of 4 RBI's

matthomerun1.jpg matthomeruun.jpg mattpitch.jpg

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Reactions: Jake3501

·
Administrator
35,165 Posts
Celina is just north of where I live, and I'll tell you that baseball is taken every bit as seriously as football around here. Glad to see that he's tearin' it up !

Reactions: Jake3501

·
Registered
31,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I usually only make the Local games, of course Grandma made this trip. Matt has an 87 mph fast ball, a wicked curve and some great off speed. His team has won all four games he has pitched this season, I've never seen any wild pitches from him. Last game I watched, the opposing pitcher hit him twice and he did move the third time out of the way of an inside fast ball. I think I saw him hit a batter one time last year. I keep telling him he does occasionally need to return the favor, but he keeps his cool. I don't think he will get a scholarship from a D-1 college team, but a year or so on a JUCO team and he just might make a D-1 roster.

I checked this morning and I think there are 4, maybe 5 Texas D-1 teams in the top 25. TCU #4, TTU #13, A & M and Texas are in the hunt and seems like one other.

Reactions: rhuber and Sekol

·
Registered
24,539 Posts
Grandson has terrific form and looks like a champion. Congrats to him and to you Grandpa.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Hard to beat a good baseball game. Hopefully it pays off in college for him.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Great job! Excellent athelete! He is sure worth a scholarship, I'd say!

·
Registered
19,168 Posts
You have every right to be proud of this young man..

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
Make sure he takes it easy on his shoulder. Too many young pitchers are pushed beyond where they should be pitching and blow out their arms before they even make it to college.

·
Registered
31,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Make sure he takes it easy on his shoulder. Too many young pitchers are pushed beyond where they should be pitching and blow out their arms before they even make it to college.
I went to a Tournament in Levelland the week before, a cold one where he pitched 7 innings and it was cold. At the game the next day, I asked his dad if Matt's arm was sore, and Mike said Matt's arm never got sore. I too worry, about his arm.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Very cool. It won't be long and he will be a millionaire!:thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts