Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys got to try one of these but they are being imported to the UK by Caladonian arms. Its a .22lr long barrel semi-auto pistol in UK spec

Think the light weight version looks good

My wife is looking at getting one when her permission to buy comes back. Think the lighter one will be best for her

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Neat, I think Century Int. arms is importing some Grand Power pistols, but I have not seen any .22s from them until now.

Reactions: chrismetallica1

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
For you guys in the US the K100 9mm is a good option. Its designed in the same way as most new polymer guns. Good reports on reliability on the European IPSC comps

250 round test 9mm

1000 round test 9mm with Hirtenberger L7A1 Submachinegun Ammo ++p

This is the century arms video

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
For you guys in the UK the K100 9mm is a good option. Its designed in the same way as most new polymer guns. Good reports on reliability on the European IPSC comps

250 round test 9mm
GRAND POWER K100 reialibility test.wmv - YouTube

1000 round test 9mm with Hirtenberger L7A1 Submachinegun Ammo ++p
GRAND POWER K100 Reliability test July 2012 - YouTube

This is the century arms video Century Arms - Grand Power K100 Mk7 Semi-Auto Pistol.mp4 - YouTube
Hi Chris

LBP in 9mm? Is that a lever release version - or did you mean to type USA not UK? In any case this looks good, more choice in the UK LBP market cannot harm, especially price wise.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Tried to get on the Caladonian Arms web site but my malware software blocked it. :-(

·
Registered
96 Posts
nice!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Another site for the K22 in the UK, he sent me the following info on the K22 vs the GSG

http://www.valleyarmsscotland.co.uk/1911.htm

Email read (un-edited):

"As the production models are not quite available yet, I have only had an opportunity to try out the pre production models. I was given the opportunity to shoot all 4 pre production models, basically to and brake them. Im pleased to say we couldnt brake them though we did come across a couple of minor options which have now been resolved in the production models.

However, even taking these minor issues into account my over riding opinion is that the K22 is superior to the GSG and most importantly I believe will last a lot longer.

Dont get me wrong I have two GSG's and really like them, but I cant help have the feeling they have a limited lifetime. To date Ive replaced 3 guide rods, 3 firing pins and a slide sure to failure. OK my guns have a super high usage (15000-20000rds per year) but for the money Id not have expected some of the issues ie the slide should not ware so easily.

However, its a 1911 and as such many standard 1911 upgrade parts will fit with no or little modification. It operates well and I do like them.

The K22 on the other hand even in its basic form is a better price (up to £760 for the GSG against £695 for the K22) and in its advanced model there is a fair saving plus the upgrades are factory fitted and probably better (approx £880 for the GSG against £795 for the K22).

The K22 is a polymer frame but it all runs on steel, where as the GSG runs on aluminium and this is in my opinion the single biggest advantage. On the GSG there is a high potential for ware on any high use gun as the frame or slide will ware in time. This is going to be less of an issue on the K22.

Mags are also a lot cheaper at £25 compared to £45 and are polymer and will not fly apart when dropped on the ground (Or even a bench) and are ideal for practical shooters.

I cant say that this is the same pistol that the police are training with as Id not heard that (but will try and find out) but I do know that Grand Power make quality 9mm pistols. The K100 has been used as a base gun by STI and they are not going to put their name on something thats substandard. Having made some independent enquiries through my brother in law, also an RFD, who shoots in and around Slovakia and who as it turns out knows the CEO of Grand Power I will be buying one of these for myself, though I will probably keep one of the 1911's (maybe both one for my boy when he turns 14 in September and applies for his FAC) just because its a 1911 and as close to that icon as I can now own (I agree the Low Mills is a stronger gun but with less function and way too expensive).

I hope I have answered some of your questions but please drop me an Email if I can assist further.

If you are interested, the first guns will be coming in to the UK and will be available after proofing in early September. However, most of these guns have been accounted for. Delivery after that should be monthly so there will be stock available on a regular basis.

Kind regards Bill"

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
That's pretty neat looking. Is that a functioning suppressor or just the barrel?

·
Registered
286 Posts
The Grand Power K100 ( 9mm ) is available in the USA from various vendors (as it is imported by Century).

What makes the GP K100 different from every other doublestack polymer-framed 9mm out there is that it utilizes a rotating barrel mechanism as opposed to the traditional Browning drop link type.

This enhances the feed angle (to almost nil), reduces felt recoil (rotating barrel absorbs energy in operation & rotates in the opposite direction of the rifling) and greatly reduces the stress on the moving parts.

IMHO, it is an overlooked gem in the US marketplace.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi All

I've today ordered myself a K22 X TRIM long barrelled pistol from caledonian arms :) due to arrive in a couple of weeks time - got some whizzy bits added - competition trigger, ext safety and mag release and extra mags.

i very nearly bought a GSG 1911 LBP a few weeks ago, but my mate has one and having paid £750 then spent another $250 on upgrades to make it shoot straight including barrel bushing, guide rod, spring etc. - so works out the same price, but I think the K22 will be more accurate as it has a fixed barrel and really good finish on slide fit etc... Or so I've been told... - I got to handle one at the trafalgar and it felt great so I plunged in with both feet this morning - I'll let you all know how it shoots and post a picture or two when it arrives

solidslug

·
Registered
32 Posts
thats really good to know from someone who has one - do you know if they are at all picky with Ammo - I'm assuming Mini Mag or HV .22 would be best to ensure slide functions properly - any ideas?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts