Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was at the gun shop and i was checking out the new XDm wow i asked if they had any to shoot but the guy said no bu my cousin was at the same shop the other day and the VP was there looked at my cousin wana try it he asked aso gave him a box of rds so he took it for a spin said it was awesome the grip the weight was just right.only wish i had the chance.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I've handled one at Sportsmans Warehouse about 10 days ago. I DO NOT like the new stipling pattern that is being used on the grip. And it costs over $100 more than and XD. I was thinking about one until I actually held it.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well grips felt fine to me i really would like to see hoe it handles at 799 a lil steep

·
Registered
28 Posts
I saw and handled one at a show today, and didn't really think anything positive or negative about it after handling it. For the price, I don't see a reason to buy one over a regular XD.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
orlandodriver said:
well grips felt fine to me i really would like to see hoe it handles at 799 a lil steep
Thats' the MSRP price. The one I saw was $589 in the store.

·
Super Moderator
21,796 Posts
The main difference is the trigger pull and reset. its fast and the reset is just a slight let off. allowing for fast follow up shots. I agree that its a little pricey. I have the XD9 right now and like it alot. I don't know if its worth the upgrade at this time. Plus it only comes in .40 cal at this time and I shoot 9mm or 45 its hard enough keeping up on ammo for those two plus my little 38.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
They've piqued my interest, however as .45 Forever noted they're currently available only in .40 S&W. When they're released in .45 ACP and 9mm I'll have to take another look. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
The only thing other than the grip pattern I've noticed is they have a 1/2 longer bbl. thats polyoganal rifled instead of button. I purchased a Bar-Sto bbl for my XD in .45 turned it into almost a tackdriver. The M odel also has a fully supported chamber apparently they were getting a lot of KB's with the original.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts