Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the wife a TCP. It is her first gun although she has shot all of mine. She only wanted it for home defense and small enough to conceal. What's a good bed side safe or lock box for her?? Our kids are good around guns and very responsible but she still wants to lock it in a box.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Reactions: Raptorboy69

·
Registered
96 Posts
Got the wife a TCP. It is her first gun although she has shot all of mine. She only wanted it for home defense and small enough to conceal. What's a good bed side safe or lock box for her?? Our kids are good around guns and very responsible but she still wants to lock it in a box.
I just got thls one for my bedroom, fits easily on a small shelf. It's digital, so you don't have to worry about leaving yhr keys around on not having them when you need access.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just put a Speed Vault 500 next to the bed at the house for my XDm 9mm. Did not get the fingerprint version,if someone wants to rip it open they can but it's better than just in the night stand. I did add a 4 Ft cable to it and ran a 4in. lag bolt into the floor joist in the event someone did rip it off the wall mount.

·
Registered
8,808 Posts

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Any one of these suggested would be good for securing the gun when not in use, but if she is planning on locking it at night, while she sleeps, please reconsoder this. Unless she is good at shot put, and plans to throw the safe at someone breaking into the house, she would be much better off with a loaded pistol on the nightstand loaded, and within reach. Just my thoughts here. My wife has the TCP738 and carries it daily and leaves it within reach at night. I also have my 709 Slim beside me.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any one of these suggested would be good for securing the gun when not in use, but if she is planning on locking it at night, while she sleeps, please reconsoder this. Unless she is good at shot put, and plans to throw the safe at someone breaking into the house, she would be much better off with a loaded pistol on the nightstand loaded, and within reach. Just my thoughts here. My wife has the TCP738 and carries it daily and leaves it within reach at night. I also have my 709 Slim beside me.
I totally agree Mike. But she is really new to the whole gun thing. Baby steps...

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
I use a GVB1000 Biometric Vault for the bedside because we have a 3-year old grand niece staying with us who is constantly asking "what's that, Uncle Bob?" She is always curious and questioning things. It is for her protection.

Anyway, it works perfectly and I don't need to fumble for a key in the dark or try to remember a series of key strokes while I am half asleep. And it is solid, especially with a 3-year old grand niece.

The only thing is I cannot figure out how to turn the beeper off for a silent deployment. I have the instructions somewhere.

Sent using TapaTalk HD

·
Registered
526 Posts
I also recommend the GunVaults. I have two of the standard finger button ones and they do the job I have them for. Was thinking about going biometric, im just iffy about how reliable the bio units the cheaper safes use.

·
Registered
96 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.