Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just got my gen3 back from taurus, I purchased it on march 13th and sent it back march 15th after test fireing it and having the famous clip drop issue. But 4 weeks and 3 days later , here she is. Took here to the range after work monday and popped off a quick 30 rounds of UMC green box JHP , seems to love/hate the round , except when feeding with slide locked and mag in release, needs a quick assit , now slide closed, mag in and full racking always feeds in well ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
glad to hear about the quick turn-around. it's been almost three weeks so far for me.

i'm not sure what you mean about the "mag in release, needs quick assist."

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's great! From what I've heard from internet lore, you're lucky to get it back in six months. Personally, I don't horribly mind the idea of having to wait a long time to get my lifetime warrantied gun back, but it would be nice if they were straight up about it. I think there would be a lot less pissed off Taurus owners if they didn't get the run around. Maybe their tech support is improving? The internet lore is that their service on the pt1911s has been far and away superior to the regular customer service. From the one time I called taurus, I got the impression that they hire people with very little gun knowledge to answer the phone and provide those folks with queue cards.

My personal experience is very limited, however, so take my rant with a grain of salt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts