Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went a head and ordered these from cheaper than dirt since they were on sale for 31 bucks. Its an older 24/7 non pro 9mm with out the dove tail. there not as nice as the ones for the newer 24/7 and Mil Pro with the dove tail but there still not bad for less then 50 bucks. I guess Williams is making better sights these days cause the new sights are much better, anyway.

Sorry about the bathroom pics it just has the best light in the house for taking cell phone camera pics for some reason, and the white counter makes a better back drop for the black gun then my black computer desk haha

·
Registered
124 Posts
Taurus24740cal said:
no.. I mean what is the definition of a dovetail... thanks.
What your gun has compared to the one in the picture, I believe (I'm pretty sure the 24/7 Pro's are 3rd Generation with Dovetails?). They have a channel cut for the site, that looks like this:

/_______\

The site base has a similar looking cut on the bottom that fits together, like tounge and groove boards (sorta), which won't let the site shift and a set screw with Loc-Tite holds it in place. If you look at the pictures he posted, and if you have your gun close by (which I have a feeling most of us do :D) compare the two, if you look close there are no cuts on the top of the slide, and the sites just drop into place and screw down (I believe, don't know if there's anything on their bottom since my gun is a dovetail).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts