Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to range and will not feed ammo without help and had a few mis-ejections. Solutions?

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Somebody with more knowledge will be along soon. You might call Taurus and ask them. taurususa.com

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
To many possibilities from a base statement like that. Give us more details to work from.

Welcome to the forum, the PT111 G2 is a great firearm, I am sure with more info we can figure it out. Pics may help also and a description of what type of ammo.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
I'll be the first one.

Did you take it apart and clean and lubricate it
before you took it out?

Packing grease clogs up all kinds of stuff. You need
to get it ALL out.

All the Best,
D. White

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
24,800 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did clean

I'll be the first one.

Did you take it apart and clean and lubricate it
before you took it out?

Packing grease clogs up all kinds of stuff. You need
to get it ALL out.

All the Best,
D. White
I did take a part and clean. the ammo used was
Prvi Partizan 9mm Full Metal Jacket, 115 Grain and
Hornady XTP 9mm Luger 147-Grain. Both types of ammo had same results.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To many possibilities from a base statement like that. Give us more details to work from.

Welcome to the forum, the PT111 G2 is a great firearm, I am sure with more info we can figure it out. Pics may help also and a description of what type of ammo.
Prvi Partizan 9mm Full Metal Jacket, 115 Grain and
Hornady XTP 9mm Luger 147-Grain. Both types of ammo had same results.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Are the bullets getting hung up on the feed ramp? Are the magazine lips bent or have ragged edges on them? You might need to shoot the gun in for a bit as everything is stacking up against you - the operating spring is stiff, the frame rails may be draggy, the feedramp isn't polished effectively enough, the operting rod may be a little rough... 10 different things that are close to being wrong on the gun can stack up to cause the gun to refuse to cycle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are the bullets getting hung up on the feed ramp? Are the magazine lips bent or have ragged edges on them? You might need to shoot the gun in for a bit as everything is stacking up against you - the operating spring is stiff, the frame rails may be draggy, the feedramp isn't polished effectively enough, the operting rod may be a little rough... 10 different things that are close to being wrong on the gun can stack up to cause the gun to refuse to cycle.
Generally the bullet makes it half way into barrel then stops. I read another page suggesting to leave slide open for a week and magazines fully loaded then see what happens. This is the first new gun I have purchased and I am not liking it much.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Not all guns are perfect out of the box. Some take some time for things to work in. If you continue to have problems after a couple hundred rounds, you may need to call Taurus CS... Wish you the best. The G2 is a fine weapon when performing well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts