Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
You'll have to take the new pistola out and give us a range report Mike. :)

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Flyer said:
I dunno ... I think pink is *YOUR* color. :p
Oh it matched my pink pumps perfect ;D

Ill try to get out to the range with my wife tomorrow since we are both off. She is going to have to get used to the single action now since her other PT111 was the 2nd gen DAO, but I think she can handle it ;)

Here are 2 more pics, If they are inappropriate please delete them

·
Administrator
40,153 Posts
Holy smokes. Can't go that pink. But whatever blows your dress up... :drool:

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
One would think Taurus would put a pink baseplate on the magazine since it's a "limited, special edition".

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I said the same thing, but the mags are the same as the rest of the PT111 2nd and 3rd gen so Im sure its more cost effective to use the existing mags. I could always duracoat the base plates

·
32,651 Posts
Or nail polish the base plates. :D Heck, I used some a long time ago for a temporary front sight on an H&R revolver I was having trouble seeing the front sight on. Worked for me and the wife. ;D

Your wife has been declared the "Pink Panther" or...... the Pink Panzer. :D ;D

There was or is a female pilot with the EAA Warbirds that shows up at the air conventions. Her Warbirds are all painted Desert Pink that the Royal Air Force used in World War II.

The only way to top that would be to get a titanium compact pistol, colored as they are, and put that pink shade on as grips. :) :D

Guys do all kinds of things to their pistols such as engraving or other such. So if the wife desires a one of a kind gun, so be it.

MPanova,be glad that isn't your gun or we'd be christening you 'Pink Floyd'. As the song almost says, "just another hole in the wall." Right group.....wrong words. That was to be, " just another brick in the wall." ::) ;D :D ;) :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I sure could use sum poosie right about now. I am tired as heck. I have 2 more claims to write up tonight. I guess I should be working rather than looking at the new posts huh.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Oh my... a flash through my mind. If she ever has to use it, the red blood will clash with the pink pistol!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
It's the Barbie™ Dream Pistol!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Some girls will like it and some wont. I have already showed it to a few of my shooting friends that have been trying to get there wifes involved and after showing them this new pistol, they want one and said they would go shooting if they had it. Its just like me wanting a light blue or tan frame with the stainless slide, some guys like that some dont, some girls will like the pink and some wont. My wife loves shooting now and this gun fits her personality so she wants to go shoot even more now, so thats the best part of it all

·
32,651 Posts
MPanova, you hit the nail on the head. All kidding aside, there is no reason not personalize the pistol. It's done all the time. Gives the user a sense of pride,ownership, and makes the pistol theirs.

If the wife is happy with it and enjoys the pink PT111, then that is all that matters. What the owner thinks and why it is important is up to them. Same for gun collecting or any other pursuit.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
I think it would look better with a blue slide rather than the stainless. I think the pink and black would be a nice combo.

·
Registered
16 Posts
MPanova,

Glad you found the right weapon to get your wife shooting. I never thought of it as a "recruiting tool" Hmmm

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got my wife into shooting with my old Ruger P90 and then bought her the 2nd gen all black PT111, she loves shooting now but she is starting to want to personalize her weapons so they look good a shoot good ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I do wonder though if I had a pink gun pointing at me, would I feel less thretned? You have to admit, it would be like a pink car pulling up next to you wanting to race. Yeh, they might be quicker, but The looks sure would not scare anyone.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts