Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i picked up my new toy this morning and went to the range this afternoon it was 12 deg outside so i didnt shoot much but enough to see that the sights are pretty good at 15yds. 25yds its pretty good if i bench rest probably my arms being to tired to do freehand. But it was a great day!!!!!!:)

Attachments

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Congrats, just keep on shooting and before long you will be good at the longer shots.

·
Registered
6 Posts
CONGRATS Buddy!!! I have the same exact gun, I have only shot about 4 mags through her. I LOVE this gun. I chose the 840c over the M&P .40 and a Ruger. This gun just feels good in your hands doesn't it?! It is also one of the quickest I have fired, the trigger is just amazing..... love it!!! Hey buddy just keep on shootin' n havin fun, hey that's what it's all about!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Good looking 840 congratulations on the purchase.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Congrats on a great choice! I have the 809 and love it - I really am impressed with the 800 series (I'm just a hammer guy myself).
Pretty good shooting for first time out, not to mention the temperature. I'm so thin blooded that I don't think I could hit the broad side of a barn in 12 degrees!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I got my 840c this weekend as well. I would write a report, but it would be pointless. It eats everything, factory, reloads, lead, and hp all the same. I have to bury the front sight, but it hits the target. kind or uneventful ;)

Paul

·
Registered
19 Posts
if you have the 840c you can't charge out the back strap so that won't help but the pt840 yeah I would change the back strap and maybe try different sights I just ordered some of the williams fire sights for my pt840c and I from past experience using them on my pt111 they were awesome sightsthey have a click to adjust model and they are only about 50.00

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just got thru checking out my pt840c and it shoots great I love it not one misfire, misfeed or failure to fire recoil was nice very accurate hell my 13 year old daughter shot it and she had never even held a gun and hit the center of the target 2 out of 5 shots she made with it so it is a great gun in my opinion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts