Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually wanted a PT22, but the PT25 looked nicer w/ rosewood grips an nickel, plus I wanted to replace my Raven with something else--

Took it out today-- 150 WWB .25s, with 1 FTE-- may have been me, not sure--

Anyway, yes the .25 is anemic, but I like the slow footed reliablity of it as a BUG.

Plus the PT25 has some heft to it--and was fun to shoot-- albeit expensive, AND the slide is hell to rack (love the tip up barrel though!!).

+1 on Taurus for making a reliable .25 that is affordable (compared to the Beretta) and nice looking too!!!

·
Administrator
40,396 Posts
Good lookin' little .25. Gal I know got the .22, both have some really nice grips. Congrats. :thumb:

·
Registered
959 Posts
So when referring to your new .25, just what name do you use...??? BEAN-SHOOTER, HEAT, HEATER, ROD, RODNEY, ROSCOE...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SgtKnuckles said:
So when referring to your new .25, just what name do you use...??? BEAN-SHOOTER, HEAT, HEATER, ROD, RODNEY, ROSCOE...
Probably Rosie---no relation to the pig--err actress loud mouth-- but in relation to the grips--

Never name weapons of people I like anyway--- they all screw up eventually!!!

;)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congratulations, it sounds like you've been having a 'blast' with your new purchase, pun intended. :p

·
Registered
13 Posts
I picked up a PT-25 the other day at my LGS for $175. I took it out to the range and was really surprised at the accuracy of this little gun. 1st target I kept all 20rds in the target area at 7yds. the 2nd 20rds after getting used to the sights and trigger I kept them all in the X ring of the target. In fact I shot the X out of the target with this little gun. Since they passed the law here that you can carry a gun in your car without a CHL. I would keep this gun in the car for emergencies, and if my car was broken into I wouldn't be loosing an expensive gun like my Kimber or the MK9 Kahr that I also carry. I do keep it in a lock box and the car has an alarm system with pager, but all those can be defeated if you have enough time. What does everyone think of this plan?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Congrats on your new pt25. Sounds like you are having a fun time with it. Also with the right ammo will make a nice BUG.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
you ll be happier with the pt 25 over the pt 22 ,my .22 is very fussy with ammo ,and looking at other fourms on here alot of problems with mag feed ,had to bend the ears on my magazines

·
Registered
222 Posts
i was getting a pretty sweet deal on a pt22 but heard they are real picky on the ammo you use...thats the only thing that kept me from buying it...now that i see yours it makes me watn a pt25....

·
Registered
445 Posts
Nice looking gun. What ammo are you going to use in it? I do keep one locked in my glove box. I just unlock it when I am in the car.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
i wouldn't mind having a pt22, they seem a bit pricey to me though.. cheapest i see them is 200.. for that price i can just about get a ruger mark, i only paid 160 for my s&w 22a, and both those are considerably larger then the pt22/25

does look like a cute little gun though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am STILL waiting for Taurus to return my PT 22 magazine. I can't buy any as nobody seems to have any except this one place that wants 35 bucks for it. The only reason I bought the PT 22 over the 25 was the much cheaper ammo but I can't shoot it at all right now.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I've looked & it appears $35 is the going rate for a factory mag. Promag does make them, but from what I've heard, they are hit or miss on quality.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts