Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went over to the transfer agent tonight and picked up my revolver. Probaby wasn't there much more than 30 minutes. The process was smooth as silk. Filled in two forms, the agent ran the instant background check, paid him for his services, $10 plus $2 back ground check, plus he did collect Commonwealth sales tax on the gun that was purchased on line from out of state.

I have to get some cleaning supplies. That gun is leaking oil. Believe it's like the '70's Harley Davidson's. It's marking it's territory.

And no, I do not have pictures yet. I need to get pictures of it and it's older sibling, the PT145 Mil Pro.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Pretty cool!! What do you mean it's "leaking oil"? I'm guessing you just need to give it a good cleaning as you should do with any new firearm.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"leaking oil" was a bit of hyperbole, but what I was saying is there is a lot of excess oil all over the place. There are/were shiny oil spots on the cylinder, on the outside body of the gun, and the protective plastic piece on the back of the cylinder was almost dripping with oil.

What I had expected to see was a thick grease like substance. What I've found so far is a more liquid oil.

But yes, I've got to get a can of gun scrubber and strip the gun down to metal and then lightly oil the correct places.

What do you mean it's "leaking oil"? I'm guessing you just need to give it a good cleaning as you should do with any new firearm.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Congratulations looking forward to pics and range report.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts