Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent my PT111 back to Taurus to fix three things. The chamber loaded indicator and the Taurus security system (key lock) weren't working. They haven't worked almost since I got it NIB but I don't care too much about either one. I never lock it, so I don't need a lock, and it is always loaded, so I don't need an indicator to tell me it is. But the finish was coming off where the holster rubbs it and since I heard that it has a one year warranty I decided to send it in.

Anyway, I gave it to the dealer on April 18. Taurus checked it in on April 24 and finished it on May 26. The dealer called me on May 29 that they had it back. So slightly over a month. Not too bad I think. Oh, they replaced the slide.

·
Super Moderator
21,587 Posts
Not to bad for more then one thing wrong with the gun. :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
glad to hear of the fast turn around. they received my 617 on 5/23 and i get mine back during the first week of july i'll be happy. i am not expecting it though till the end of july.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
congrats..hope it all works for you...sounds like a success in customer service ;)

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
heck for something minor like that i'd have just asked for replacement parts and did it my self.. a months kinda long time for something like that.. but it could have been worse.. hope it works good for ya know, let us know.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Nice to hear that turnaround time was short...<:))

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The main reason I sent it was the finish. I've never re-finished a gun and I figured that since they warranty the finish for one year, I'd let the manufacturer do it.

Of course, they replaced the slide, so I'm hoping that it shoots just as well as it did before, because it was a great shooting gun. I cycled about 50 rounds through it, dry fired it with snap caps and all seem well. I'll let you know how it shoots when I get to the range-probably next week.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
Taurus, like most other manufacturers, doesn't decide which guns to work on first. They take them as received, so a simple repair might take as long as a full overhaul. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts