Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10 days is all it took from ordering till the mailman dropped it off. It fits both my PT111 as well as my PT140, perfectly. I still have at least 3-4 weeks to wait on the crossbreed, which I ordered 4 weeks ago. I can't imagine it's going to be any better. Considering cancelling the Crossbreed.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
That's a nice looking holster. Any chance you can take a picture of the backside?

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Thanks for the pix!

After wearing it for a few weeks would you mind giving an update as to how comfortable it was/is? I'm still trying to decide what kind (if any) of IWB to use with my PT145.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Legally I can wear it with a weapon in it in my house or on my "land", I live in Illinois so it's "illegal" to carry. I got this in anticipation of the CCW getting passed. But I'll wear it empty when I'm out to break it in, and "loaded" at home. I'll post again.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm headed to the USPS to go pick mine up right now actually! I got mine in the traditional tan leather, i'll post a pic of it with my PT145.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nice looking holster! Is that the Hogue Handsall Jr. you have on the weapon or the Handsall? If the latter, how much did you have to trim it to get it to fit? I have the 145 and saw a Jr. At the gun shop today ... but it was pink. :D Not really my style. They did have the regular one, but I don't want to mess with it if it is a PITA.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ordered on Amazon, took only 8 days to arrive! I am quite pleased, nice materials, medium retention and somewhat comfortable fit out of the box. I have never worn an IWB holster, but I can get used to this quite easily, I think I will be moving the J hook down one slot on the rear, for more clearance in between my pants and the handle.

Handgun holster Gun accessory Everyday carry

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I have 2 Foxx holsters and love them. I carry them daily and never notice them. I had a local person make one for my pt22 and I have one for my 740 and Ruger LC9.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have been using a Foxx IWB holster for my PT 145 for about two months. I must say it is a nice and comfortable holster for the money.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well......... One word of caution, the edges on the J Hooks are SHARP! I was just fiddling with the holster and slid my finder across the machine edge of a J hook and noticed a nice red stream coming from my trigger finger... So sharp I can't even feel it but it's DEEP! How annoyingly unlucky...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nice looking holster! Is that the Hogue Handsall Jr. you have on the weapon or the Handsall? If the latter, how much did you have to trim it to get it to fit? I have the 145 and saw a Jr. At the gun shop today ... but it was pink. :D Not really my style. They did have the regular one, but I don't want to mess with it if it is a PITA.
Looks to be the Jr. Although it may be in the "upside down" position depending on who you talk to. That's the great thing about that grip, you can use it like in his picture and have room for 2 fingers (or 1 big meaty grub) or flip it over for a 1 finger grip. I've got the same one, just flipped with the finger groove higher on the grip and it holds my middle finger right up against the guard where i like it.

Reactions: Grimm

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is the Hogue Handall Jr. in the upside down position. I had to put a bit of Wilson tape on the handle underneath it to keep it from spinning.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks. I may have to pick one of them up real soon. Again, nice holster! I'll post some pics when I get that and my Fire Sights are installed.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I had a Foxx Hybrid holster for my Kahr P9 and I thought the (black dyed) leather he used was to rough/scratchy, so I sent it back and got the Foxx trapp. IMO the trapp is much less bulky and far more comfortable than the hybrid style.

My P9 in a Trapp and a Foxx mag holster

Reactions: aphdmansoc

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just canceled my Crossbreed order, 5 weeks in. Way over priced. Getting my IWB spare mag holster from Foxx as soon as the mailman gets here. I'll post a pic!

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Just ordered one of these. Wish I had known about the Trapp holster - oh well. ;)
Give them a call to change order or email from their site

Contact Us Form: If you have any further questions, please use the form below. You can also contact us at 586-806-2909 or visit our shop located at:
5594 E. 10 Mile Rd.
Warren MI 48091

Reactions: Ravenmore

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
I had a Foxx Hybrid holster for my Kahr P9 and I thought the (black dyed) leather he used was to rough/scratchy, so I sent it back and got the Foxx trapp. IMO the trapp is much less bulky and far more comfortable than the hybrid style.

My P9 in a Trapp and a Foxx mag holster

Well done video!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts