Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my first HK, a USP compact the other day.

And while it is a great gun, when I was trying it out the other day I came to a realization...I am a horrible shot with a pistol, so this will probably be my last one for a while and I'm going to go back to mainly shooting rifles.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Hey, don't give up. I'm not the best pistol shot in the world either, at best you could call me adequate. The problem is that I don't shoot enough to get past being mediocre. When I go to the gun club the first two magazines are basically wasted, just getting the gun dirty. Then I start to concentrate and things start to tighten up.

Like you, I'm a much better shot with a rifle or a shotgun but it's hard to carry one of those concealed, especially during the summer when you're mainly wearing shorts and T-shits. ;););)

Nice pistol by the way.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I was a TERRIBLE shot with my USP40, which is why I sol...err pretty much gave it away for $400. Was new to guns and didnt know what I had. Live and learn I guess.

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
I have had two usp compacts(one in .45 and one in .357 sig).I enjoyed them both.The recoil is a bit snappy but with practice you can manage it just fine.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Saweet!

·
Registered
24,848 Posts
Nice gun. Don't give up as no one is a good shot at first and you will get helpful hints from your fellow shooters. One thing they will tell you is that trigger time is everything.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I have had two usp compacts(one in .45 and one in .357 sig).I enjoyed them both.The recoil is a bit snappy but with practice you can manage it just fine.
Would love to have one in 357.... bet it is a sweet shooter!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts