Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my CCW today. Will be carrying my taurus m86 till I get the cash to get a snubbie. I think I'm going to try my friends first at the range to see how well I like it. I have a hyper sensitivity to flashes so hopefully it will work out. If not I'll get a .380 SA probably.

A funny side note. An older gentleman was there to renew his ccw. They where giving him a hard time about his, someone that he needed to speak with first was not available. The gentleman then stated that he would proceed to carry his hand gun openly. A deputy, probably having heard this, stepped out of his office and asked the gentleman if there was a problem. The man responded with the same line about open carry. The deputy then told the gentleman that he could not open carry. This, by all means, is totaly incorrect. In PA open carry is allowed and the gentleman called the deputy on this. Things get hairy when your in a vehicle though. The deputy then told the gentleman that if he open carries he will be arrested for disturbing the peace, interfering with public happenings...never heard of that one, and if he gets pulled over he will get concealed carrying without a permit. The gentleman then responded, well if I am stupid enough to carry it in my vehicle then I deserve the charges. However if I get arrested on the first two I'll send you a postcard to my court date so you can watch me win, then left.

Needless to say the mood afterwards in the tiny waiting room with 4 chairs was a little tense lol.

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
nice, i love when people know their rights!

·
Registered
29,862 Posts
Finally got my CCW today. Will be carrying my taurus m86 till I get the cash to get a snubbie...
Don't shoot your eye out kid! ;)

Congratulations...enjoy your new found freedom; now your gun "jones" has a new shot of adrenalin to fuel it.

Next thing you'll know you'll be cruising the custom gun leather websites, wanting ivory grips yada, yada, yada...which is a good thing. :D

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Congratulations, carry safe, carry smart, and carry often!

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Wonderful !!!! Another armed citizen !!! Here in Tennessee ..Open or Concealed..i'm getting ready to take my wife out to eat with this on my side...

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Congratulations! Stay safe.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Congrats, be smart, be safe and be prepared.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Count down started today on the wait for mine.
Sent package Monday, USPS delivery date in Columbia is today.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congratulations!

Your little corner of the world will now become a safer place for you and your family.

·
Administrator
39,506 Posts
Congratulations and Welcome to the brotherhood of concealed carry! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Congrats and be careful out there....the bugers are everywhere!!!

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Congratulations on becoming a member of the CHL Fraternity. Carry Always, Never Tell.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Congrats!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congrats! I remember when I and my wife first got our CHL's. I went to work that night (tired of course from not sleeping and being in the shooting class all day) and my Supervisior asked me how was the class. Good times it was getting my permit. I was so excited I didn't need sleep for the class or my third shift job. :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts