Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got it last night. I broke it all down, and cleaned it thoroughly.

I am at work right now, and I'll be heading out to throw some lead in a few hours.

Of course, a report will follow soon. ;D

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Great news! I hope you can get some pics too, we like pics ;)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Buy one...... I have three 24/7's so far and plan on getting more :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went out late yesterday evening. Really, it was getting too dark to shoot, (at least with any hopes of hitting a target.) But I got there with just enough light to shoot two full clips. I forgot my paper targets, so I cannot tell how accurate it was. I was just shooting at cans and bottles left over from somebody's campfire.

Clip one: Very first shot would not fire, no clicks were heard, as if the gun was not cocked. I tried again (SA/DA), nothing. I jack the shell out, pick it up, and the nose of the FMJ bullet was smashed in, like the bullet had hit something thin and straight, it put a indented line straight across the nose of the bullet.

I figured it was just me. I figured I must not have pulled the slide back far enough. After all, it was my very first time. This time I pulled the slide back all the way. All eleven remaining rounds fired without a hitch. My aim was terrible, but that is another story.

Clip two: All shots fired fine, except shot five. After shot four, the fifth bullet failed to feed properly. The slide jammed with the bullet nose pointing up. I may not have gotten that bullet seated all the way back in the clip. I pulled the slide back slowly, and rotated the gun so that that bullet could drop out. That is the last time I ever seen that bullet, because it was getting too dark at that point to find it.

I'll go back and look for that bullet again today if I get a chance.

I learned that being by myself makes it hard to figure out where this gun is shooting, and what, if any, sight adjustments need to be made.

Over all, I think the gun is great. I am 95% certain that the very first bullet didn't fire because I did not pull the slide back far enough. It was fully in the chamber, the slide just wasn't cocked and the firing pin was just not ready to fire. The second one, I have no idea, unless I did not seat it all the way back in the clip. That may have been it, or it may have just been failure to feed.

This weekend, I'll be at one of those good ol' Washington State gun shows. I'll pick up some more ammo and do a proper field test. I'll try to shoot 75-100 rounds in one setting. That will give me a better idea of how well it works. And I'll remember proper targets. And someone to watch where I hit so that they can help me sight it in.

Thanks for all of the advice.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
If your alone at the range, start close to target and slowly work your way back while shooting and watching your point of impact, best way to get a feel for the gun.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congrats on your purchase JFree. Ditto what Draeger said about the pics, we love those. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.