Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine finally arrived and because of a computer screwup I paid... drumroll...

$469+Tax :eek:

Oh, and because 4 came in at the same time, I got to pick the best of 4.

It has been a good day!

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Well, as in the words of my Texas friend... Ya Dun Really Good!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I asked the vendor if I could post his info so others could share in that price. He made me swear that I would not. It will take him 24 hours to fix the glitch and get the price back up to $529 where it is supposed to be (still a good price) for the other three. I told him at that price he would still sell out in a weeks time.

I cannot wait to get this out to the range.

Makes me feel good to be Taurus armed again (had to trade in my 24/7 to raise funds for the 1911). I have always had one Taurus in the pile and was feeling bad without one for a few there.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congrats not only on your new PT1911 but at the price at which you did get it. :D One of the two shops I frequent says the PT1911s are so popular, they can't keep them in stock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
GREAT DEAL!! Prices for the PT1911 around the Tampa area have been 600.00 and up. I have seen a couple of dealers on auctions with a buy it now of 499.00, but I prefer to handle and inspect the actual weapon I will be purchasing. I dont know if saving the extra fifty bucks or so is worth the chance of getting a picked over pistol for one reason or another.
Am I out of line to ask the local dealers to match these on-line dealer prices(including shipping and transfer of course) to support local business and ensure I get what I want?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I saw prices at the gunshow here in Iowa today ranging from $478.00 to $590.00 and one used that went for $465.00 (1 mag, no case).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts